INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu Ray menu recommendations  (Read 949 times)

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
Blu Ray menu recommendations
« on: December 26, 2011, 11:27:51 pm »

So I installed AnyDVD and got Blu Ray playback working. I noticed there were no menus, and I read through several threads here confirming that menus are not supported. I thought my wife might like menus, so I installed PowerDVD. After an hour, I still haven't gotten a blu ray to play with it and I'm ready to shoot myself in the head. I got an AACS update message that would not go away, I ended up looking for a firmware update to my drive only to find that there aren't any, and after a bunch of Googling I'm convinced that even if I found one, I'm going to repeatedly get this problem in the future as new updates are required. So now I'm back to thinking AnyDVD is the way to go.

Still, lack of menus causes a few problems. All I see are arbitrarily-named streams when I right click. Are there bloopers on this disc? I don't know. If there are, which stream is it?

Any suggestions from people who have gone through this? Thanks.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Blu Ray menu recommendations
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 04:38:28 am »

I prefer to just rip the main movie. Bloppers and Ads and whatever other junk is added to the disk justs wastes time and disk space (IMO). One of the best programs I found for ripping BDs is Clown_BD. It's free from the SlySoft website (makers of AnyDVD). I rip the movie to m2ts format (the native format of BD) which will work on all players, but the software also provides for several different formats/options including ripping the entire disk with menus/extras.
If you want to give it a try - you can find it here (second sticky) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=25818
Pages: [1]   Go Up