INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable Installation - Error Code=21  (Read 1564 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Portable Installation - Error Code=21
« on: November 17, 2011, 06:46:21 pm »

Hi

I have J River on my main pc, today I tried to test out a portable installation...

So I downloaded the latest beta build and the last version of 16, generated a licence registration file. I decided to do this on my netbook as it doesn't have J River on it..

I installed the latest beta build, and registered it. I wanted a portable copy of both 16 and 17 to mess about with. I then re opened the beta 17 installer and installed J River as a portable installation with no problems, the same with 16.

I then loaded up the files onto my thumbdrive and put it into my main pc and tried to open both of them.. Version 16 said the trial was up even though it was registered, and version 17 still had all trial days left but was unregistered.. Now on both my main pc and netbook they won't register with the registration file that should still be valid.. They keep firing up error code 21..

Any ideas? I'm reluctant to generate another code as I don't want to waste it..

Thanks..

Toytronic

• Recent member
Re: Portable Installation - Error Code=21
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 09:39:19 am »

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem with a newly registered licence. The registration file was generated on 23 December for MC17, directly on your website, and i can't get it to work with a portable installation of v17.00.60.

By double-clicking on this registration file, or trying to load it directly from the MC nag screen, it gives me an error 21.

I've try to delete the Licence.dat file inside the application folder, then load the registration file using the 2 methods describe above, and this time it gives me an error 22. Both are qualified as "unknown error"

I can't launch the automated installation process using the MediaCenter170060.exe on my development machine since it's an embedded platform. The application has to be portable in order to work, or being implemented as a component during the Target Designer stage of Windows Embedded.

So what can i do in order to use the application i've paid for?

Also, another question : does your registration process include a "call-home" procedure, or if you prefer, is it necessary to be connected to the Internet in order to register MC using the .mjr licence file?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Portable Installation - Error Code=21
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 10:43:24 am »

I've try to delete the Licence.dat file inside the application folder, then load the registration file using the 2 methods describe above, and this time it gives me an error 22. Both are qualified as "unknown error"

no possible..follow glynor here how to install portable Mc..http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68069.msg458024#msg458024
MT5FR
Pages: [1]   Go Up