INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Equivalent to MediaMonkey's "Copy to Virtual CD'  (Read 3821 times)

sdaughtry

• Recent member
Equivalent to MediaMonkey's "Copy to Virtual CD'
« on: December 29, 2011, 05:40:51 pm »

Hoping MC can do this (or be quickly added as a feature) - my MP3 files that I stream throughout my house are a subset of my larger collection - using MediaMonkey's "copy to Virtual CD' feature, I can select my "5-star rated" MP3 files and then copy them to my streaming MP3 server (and use FireFly to stream them to my stereos). MediaMonkey allows me to define a path structure based upon the MP3 file itself when it copies the files over to the MP3 server.

I don't see anything in MC 16 that comes close to this.... and it will be painful if the "fix" is to export MC16 to my iPod, and then dump my iPod back onto my MP3 server hard drive...

On a positive note, I can hear an audible tonal different between MC 16 and MediaMonkey; if MC 17 can include two features (this being one of them) then you will have a customer!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Equivalent to MediaMonkey's "Copy to Virtual CD'
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 06:32:21 pm »

In MC you can create any number of virtual "HandHelds" and sync them.

For example, you can configure a virtual HandHeld to automatically sync a smartlist that includes only the five star rated files. It will then copy the files to the defined location and folder structure and also automatically convert any unsupported formats (if set to do so).

I attached a screenshot of my current virtual handheld settings. The root location is F:\HH\, the name of the virtual device is "F HH", and the audio folder path is defined by the "if(isequal([Media Sub Type],Podcast,1),Podcast\[Album],Audio\[Album Artist (auto)]\[Album])\" rule (i.e. since I mostly sync complete albums I prefer that the standard audio files go to the "Album Artist (auto)\Album" folder structure, but if the file is a podcast episode it goes to a different location. Normally I use only "drag and drop" syncing, but I could also sync any predefined static or smart playlists.

Here is another screenshot of my settings (and a related discussion) from last summer: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64858.msg434701#msg434701

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up