INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate file entries on Library Server  (Read 828 times)

psam

• World Citizen
Duplicate file entries on Library Server
« on: December 31, 2011, 07:32:19 am »

I am running JRiver on my HTPC and I have set it up as a Library Server as well, so I can organize files from my office PC (Remote Library).
The local hard disk on the HTPC is F:\\Music, and the path for access to the HTPC is \\VISION\Music and so on.
I am getting duplicate entries on quite a few Music Albums, i.e. when I select artist "Tony Joe White", I can see the albums and in each album there are two entries for each song, like

Rainy Night in Georgia-----------F:\\Music\Tony Joe White\Rainy Night in Georgia.mp3 and
Rainy Night in Georgia-----------\\Vision\Music\Tony Joe White\Rainy Night in Georgia.mp3

So when I just want to listen to a record, JRiver plays each song twice....
This is happening both locally , on the HTPC, as well as on the PC at my office in another room of the house...

I must have set up something the wrong way, but what?
Any pointers?
Thanx, and Happy New Hear to all!!!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Duplicate file entries on Library Server
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 11:19:21 am »

Ideally, you'll have paths look the same on all systems.

You can accomplish this be either setting the drive letter to be the same on all systems (eg: move F to M locally, and then mount the UNC share on remote systems to a Windows drive letter M).  Alternatively, use the UNC path (of the library server system) on all systems including the local MC library server itself (i.e. you'd change auto-import folders from F: to the UNC path of your system via hostname and not localhost).

Ask if you need more help on how to do this.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

psam

• World Citizen
Re: Duplicate file entries on Library Server
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 07:14:55 am »

Thanx! That worked!
Pages: [1]   Go Up