INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: *DSP Studio Analyzer request / question  (Read 2166 times)

phill1978

• Recent member
*DSP Studio Analyzer request / question
« on: January 01, 2012, 09:34:58 am »

Hi,

my first post here. I have stumbled upon JRiver it is fairly awesome even compared with my current favorite media monkey.

One thing i really like is the DSP Studio Analyzer!  :D and what i would love is to be able to snap that somewhere on JRiver or snap out of the program.

It must be possible? Its just a rather nice analyzer like many other programs feature (albeit smaller and much worse on windows media player)

any help appreciated. It would be the cherry on the cake for me  :)

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: *DSP Studio Analyzer request / question
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 10:05:42 am »

I'd like to see it as a visualization.

r_harms

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 01:50:11 pm »

I Would love to see something that makes analyzer more visible.

The more visual Media Center can be for music the better for me. I'm 80% Music so I'm almost ready to beg (or trying to regain some long lost programing chops).

Keep up the good work, and Happy New Year!

Rick

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 02:01:32 pm »

Welcome.

There's currently no way to snap the analyzer into the program or to use it as a visualization.  I think of it as more of a measurement tool than a visualization since it's built to be precise, but not necessarily pretty.

We've talked about moving DSP Studio into the tree (as opposed to being a popup) then offering a way to float each DSP if desired.  I'm not sure when or if this will happen.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

phill1978

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 06:04:38 pm »

I think of it as more of a measurement tool than a visualization since it's built to be precise, but not necessarily pretty.

which is exactly why it looks so perfect as others have mentioned. its not a techno colour teenagers stereo equalizer or a trippy 60`s acid scope.

its that high end look analytical scope that makes the software / experience feel pro and grown up !  :D

call me daft if you like but making something 'seem' smart and advanced is what Apple have been doing with some amazing success when behind it all are simple programs. It does matter and separates the good from the great.

its all about the experience and that is why JRiver is riding high over other players as it feels expensive and solid.

* BTW your website feels a bit out of date. constructive criticism not a complaint.

keep up the great work !

Pages: [1]   Go Up