INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images stored inside MP3 files are rendered as URLs at first, then blank  (Read 1073 times)

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs

I'm running 17.0.68. I installed it on a new desktop computer, since my last desktop died.

I store all my cover art images "Inside File", but when I restored the library (from my laptop, which uses the same files), at least 60% of the images showed up as URLs like this:
http://192.168.1.101:80/GetArt?Key=19179

Rebuilding the thumbnails cleared out the URL and showed blank. Panic set it.

Then, I went to the source folder in Windows Explorer (Win 7) and clicked on some of the files with URL (nee blank) images, and luckily Explorer rendered the thumbnail, so I assume my source files are untouched and the cover art images inside are intact.

So now, how do I get Media Center to actually recognize the images inside these files?

Cheers,
Jeff

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Is it possible you restored a library backup that was made when you were connected as a client?  Those values in the image field are references back to a library server.

If you're a client, I think you should connect to a library and not restore a backup.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jeffspl311

• World Citizen

Thanks for the quick reply Matt.

Yes, it's possible the laptop was a client of the desktop at some point. But there's the rub. My desktop died, and so the most recent copy of my library (with years worth of playlists... I'm a DJ) is on my DJ laptop. So how do I preserve all the playlists but restore the images from the source files? This matters because I project the album covers when I DJ.

Cheers,
Jeff

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Images stored inside MP3 files are rendered as URLs at first, then blank
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 01:43:24 pm »

... So how do I preserve all the playlists but restore the images from the source files? ...

1. As a precaution, disable file tagging in Options > General > Importing & Tagging > Update tags when file info changes.

2. Select the affected files and do: Right-click > Cover Art > Remove Cover Art  (this should clear any values you may have in the Image File library field.)

3. While the files are still selected (reselect them if necessary), do: Right-click > Library Tools > Update Library (from tags)  (this rereads file data and the embedded cover art images should show up)

It might be a good idea the test the procedure with a few files first. You can also add the Image File column to a list view and monitor the field values.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
Re: Images stored inside MP3 files are rendered as URLs at first, then blank
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 02:36:43 am »

Thanks a ton Alex B! Worked like a charm. You guys are the best.

Cheers,
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up