INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ConvolverVST Warning Message  (Read 1486 times)

lasker98

• Junior Woodchuck
ConvolverVST Warning Message
« on: January 01, 2012, 12:14:15 pm »

Hello,

I'm using convolvervst plugin with audiolense DSP filters. I'm trying to have the configuration file automatically switch for different sample rates. In my random playlists I may have a mix of 16-44.1, 24-88.2 and 24-96 files.
I seem to have the config file setup correctly to do this but the problem I have is when a song with a different file sample rate comes up, I get a pop up window that says "ConvoverVST Warning   Filter sample rate (4410096000Hz) is different from input sample rate (96000Hz)".
This would be the warning in an example where a 44.1k sample rate song was playing and the next song up was 96k. J River playback now stops and waits for the warning popup window to be closed. If not closed manually, after what seems like a set time (1 minute?, not sure) the window closes itself and playback stops completely.
Is there a way to have J River ignore that warning and play through? I use JR17 on a headless computer which makes it impractical to have to manually acknowledge and close the warning popup. If I'm logged into the computer remotely, I can close the popup warning when it shows up and playback continues onto the next song, automatically switching to the correct sample rate. I don't really see the purpose of that warning.

Thanks,

Bill

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
Re: ConvolverVST Warning Message
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 12:51:49 pm »

I do my Audiolense measurements and build ConvolverVST filters at 88.2 kHz and 32 bit float. I set JRiver to resample all audio to 88.2 kHz. I set-up my ConvolverVST configuration for 7.1 audio. This way one Convolver filter file works with everything. ASIO output to my DAC is 24 bit 88.2 kHz.

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 12:59:05 pm »

+1

I have experienced the same when messing up the switching between filters used with different source materials (movies, music). I have tried real time resampling, which works for music, but not for movies. My computer is rather old and have a benchmark of around 1300. It may not be a problem with more powerful computers. But since everything else works fine, I would like to keep this hardware still some time, and would appreciate this functionality in MC.

lasker98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 08:22:34 am »

hulkss, I've also been resampling everything to one common sample rate as a workaround, but I'd much rather not resample at all if possible.

Trumpetguy, I've followed quite a few of your posts and see this has been an ongoing issue. I don't understand why it hasn't been resolved.

No response from anyone at J River on this yet? The configuration file is working. This ongoing convolver/audiolense issue of automatically switching sample rates appears to be solveable. The problem seems to only be with the unnecessary warning message. For people running J River on headless computers, such as in my case, being able to ignore/avoid/disable these non-critical warnings would be very useful.

Bill

jdubs

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Re: ConvolverVST Warning Message
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 12:41:12 am »

+1 for a solution to this.

Jim

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 03:15:46 pm »

Trumpetguy, I've followed quite a few of your posts and see this has been an ongoing issue. I don't understand why it hasn't been resolved.

No response from anyone at J River on this yet? The configuration file is working. This ongoing convolver/audiolense issue of automatically switching sample rates appears to be solveable. The problem seems to only be with the unnecessary warning message. For people running J River on headless computers, such as in my case, being able to ignore/avoid/disable these non-critical warnings would be very useful.

No response, but that may be because I stated that a workaround was found. But it actually is a bit annoying that you can never be 100% sure if a new filter file has been loaded into memory or not. In a couple of builds, old filter files were "remembered" even aver several restarts. In .060, I can stop MC, load a new setup into the ConvolverVST setup file and the new content  is actually being used when MC is started again.

In movies, with loads of things happening when lauching a .mkv, a wrong filter file causes MC to crash. First, the warning message you referred to appears, and after a while MC stops responding. Usually a hard reset using program manager is required. With music, the same error message appears, but MC rarely crashes. After a while the message disappears (or I need to click OK, I don't remember) and music starts approx 10dB louder than anticipated because the DSP is not enganged.
Pages: [1]   Go Up