INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sage TV Extender Replacement!  (Read 3630 times)

terrytad

• Recent member
Sage TV Extender Replacement!
« on: January 03, 2012, 03:21:31 pm »

The Sage TV Extender allows a user to control the server software remotely and render the video, music, and photos plus watch live TV.

The question is when will J River have this same capability? The only missing piece is controlling the server functions like theater and live TV.

Currently tried WD live TV Plus to render video from the libraries using MC server and this works. In fact I was able to access Windows Media Center files on another
but could not render the Windows Media Center recorded files.  However, when using MC to access the WMC files they did render.

Looking for some quick solutions because Sage TV hardware/software will fail and the only question will be when?

I am not a cable TV company fan, especially when the cable companies charge more for HD signal like it is something different than digital TV only more data!

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sage TV Extender Replacement!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 04:40:48 pm »

Just noticed this older thread.

In the thread "Where We're Going Next"  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=66587.msg446630#msg446630 Jim mentions Extenders in the first post. So it is on the MC RADAR!

Imagine it's quite a development project but I'll bet it would be a hot seller. Lot's of people don't want a PC at every TV but would love to have all the benefits of MC for it.

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up