INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi Zone question  (Read 1843 times)

meyerder

• Recent member
Multi Zone question
« on: January 05, 2012, 07:37:59 pm »

I have been using MC for a year and almost as soon as I discovered it I bought it.  I LOVE it

But I have yet to figure out how to do a item I really want to do

Say you have three zones

Zone 1
Zone 2
Zone 3

I want to create
Zone 4 (Contains Zone 1 + 2)
Zone 5 (Contains Zone 1,2,3)
Zone 6 (Contains Zone 1, Zone 3)

I know you can link but that generally requires access to the head unit.  Consider me "cheap" but at this time all I have is a basic tablet and Droid phone (I spent the initial $$ on wiring the house, media server, projector ect)  I really want the ability to use Gizmo to play to Zone 4 or Zone 5 and get whole house audio from smartplay. 

Am I overlooking something or is this not possiable at this time?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Multi Zone question
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 08:11:57 pm »

I don't know that one zone can be in more than one link.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 08:29:52 pm »

I think you're a year or two ahead of us.

Zone linking isn't possible with Gizmo. 

Putting a zone in two or more links is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure what would happen if you tried to play to both links in that case.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

meyerder

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 07:51:40 am »

I think you're a year or two ahead of us.

Zone linking isn't possible with Gizmo. 

Putting a zone in two or more links is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure what would happen if you tried to play to both links in that case.

Understood.. Thus the reason I was looking to make a zone in a linked status in the MC.. Thus when I used Gizmo and wanted tunes for the entire downstairs I could do it vs having to run to the head unit create the zone... Then later that night have to run to the head unit again to break the zone when we just wanted to watch tv in the bedroom..

Error handling in the API.. Just a thought When playing a zone that contains another zone (should be a easy check to see if a zone contains another zone)  A simple pop up warning saying if you are playing anything in <zone>  This will be replaced with what you are attempting to play at this time.  Proceed to terminate the prior zone stream and follow normal BAU

Yea I know easier said than done :)

I feel pretty sure I can not be the only one ever asking for this then again I am a geek so maybe I am...    I will gladly be a beta tester :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up