INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Difficult to assign rating using edit-in-place :(  (Read 1103 times)

sdaughtry

• Recent member
Difficult to assign rating using edit-in-place :(
« on: January 07, 2012, 01:09:00 pm »

Using MC16; have my MP3 files listed in columnar display with columns displayed as:
rating, track #, name, album, genre, duration, bitrate

I have above the columnar list of files the 3-column pane of:
rating, artist, album

As I am listening to files (sorted by the Name column) to decide which CD versions sound best I assign a rating of 5 to the best sounding version and a rating of 1 for the remainder.

Problem: as I am listening to what I think is the best sounding track I move my mouse to the RATING "cell" for the MP3 file that is currently playing so I can assign it the "5-star" rating. It sometimes takes 6+ tries of clicking inside of that cell to change it's value to a 5... however, if I want to change a cell that already has a "5-star" rating back to a one I can left click the mouse to where I think the 1-star value is and it updates immediately

If the MP3 file isn't currently playing and I move the mouse to the Rating cell the small dots (representing stars) "lights up" immediately; if the song is currently being played I can leave the mouse in the rating cell forever and the small dots never appear

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Difficult to assign rating using edit-in-place :(
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 03:00:59 pm »

No issues here - all the rating stars are fast and responsive in any cell upon mouse-over or clicking.

I don't recall seeing this issue posted previously.  Here are some guesses:

A video driver issue - so check your driver version and perhaps update.

I don't recall what is affected by Tools > Options > General > Video Card > Hardware accelerated graphics is in play, but maybe a lower setting?

I wouldn't expect A/V issues here, but that's possible I suppose.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up