INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For Those Wishing For Different Graphics......  (Read 803 times)

JaredH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Superfluously Articulate
For Those Wishing For Different Graphics......
« on: May 15, 2002, 12:00:54 pm »

Well in response to phaedrus' extremely wordy rendition of "the volume sliders suck" I would like to say this. If you are familiar with any kind of imaging program you can go into the program and change the actualy graphic that MJ8 uses as a display for the player window and the volume and track position sliders. Ive done it myself and have fully customized my disabled skin mode to completely match the color scheme of my system. now this is one of those instances where if you dont have knowledge of the program and how to use an imaging program (paintshop pro, photoshop) then youre just stuck with what youve got. Sometimes it pays to get nosy with a program. Now im not going to give exact directions on how to do that because i dont want to step on any toes over there at JRiver. Especially since they are soo very good at helping people out and keeping this interact board thriving. But dig around in the program and see what you can find, youd be amazed.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

ZRocker

RE:For Those Wishing For Different Graphics......
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2002, 01:23:37 pm »

Yeah...but the MEGA-ME skinning is bugged and will not change the slider images when Paused and/or Muted like MJ 7.0 did.  That was a nice and useful feature of MJ 7.0 too.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2002, 01:28:34 pm »

Z,
Try the "Z" skin (!).  Mute changes the image.

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

ZRocker

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2002, 05:44:39 pm »

JimH,

Is 'Z' skin bugged because the Position slider does not change when right-clicked (or paused)?

In the Postion slider thumb graphic there is two images, but the Position slider does not change.  Yes...mute for that skin does work.  I'm just saying either skins are bugged or skinning engine is bugged.

Darwyn

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2002, 09:04:11 pm »

I would like to vote for "no skin" as default for install of version 8. I am sorry to offend whoever designed and likes the glassy button look (makes me think of apple too much.)

Anyone else have an opinion on skins?
Pages: [1]   Go Up