INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Different sound devices for Audio and Video sound not possible in MC17???  (Read 767 times)

elo

• Junior Woodchuck

I have used the MC player from version 13 and upwards. For MC15 I did upgrade my system to active loudspeakers with both digital input  for direct playing of 2ch audio from the PC hosting the MC player (ASIO and LYNX card).  When playing movies i direct the sound digitally to a Denon AV processor to a full 7.1 setup and analog to all the surround speakers (the main speakers also have analogue inputs in addition to the digital and automatically switch input to analogue when the digital in out is idle). I have been using a roomcorrection system for 2ch audio based on Audiolense.
The scheme described could be implemented because it was possible to define differnet output devices for Audio and Video sound in MC players up to MC16 (VISIO for Audio and default Windows Device for Video that was set to  stream transparently). IT IS NOT POSSIBLE ANY MORE TO DEFINE DIFFERENT AUDIODEVICES LIKE THIS and I can not use the MC17 for my setup anymore. It would be a shame to be stuck with MC16 as the new Convolver functionality built into MC17 is really practical and better than previous alternative.

Is there a way around this? Please advice as I hope I have overlooked something

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

See this thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up