INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCC Command to Sync Handheld and Run-After Command Line Option  (Read 1057 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MCC Command to Sync Handheld and Run-After Command Line Option
« on: January 10, 2012, 01:16:16 pm »

I've asked for both of these things before, going a couple versions back, but I'm going to ask again now.  I need two, relatively small, things that would together dramatically improve the handheld syncing flexibility of MC.

1.  A MCC command that can run a "sync" for a named handheld in MC.  I discussed this with Matt way back in the day, and right now you can call them using an index, but there is no reliable way to determine what that index is ahead of time.  This makes it impossible to easily set up a scheme where MC syncs to a specified handheld on a recurring basis at 3am.

2. A function in MC's Handheld Sync setup that allows you to call an external command line (script or exe with parameters) that will be run after the sync completes.  This would let me sync to a specified location, and then call iTLU (or maybe prod's iTunes sync tool) and have it update iTunes.  This could be useful in lots of other situations too.  Maybe you want to run a sync that copies a subset of files over to another machine, and you want to use SyncBack SE to process the files afterwards (or image processing scripts).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: MCC Command to Sync Handheld and Run-After Command Line Option
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 01:54:05 pm »

The ability to use names would be great.  Without functions such as NameToIndex(), IndexToName() and EnumerateItem(), the MCC interface for some circumstances isn't practical or useful.  The same issue applies to Zones - my Squeezebox remote zones change frequently, and therefore no MCC commands can target them reliably.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Northernmost

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 05:55:54 am »

This has also been a long time desired feature for me. ATM I use an AutoIt script to sync a subset of media to a network location and then sync that from my Android device.

I never know when it's finished the sync (unless I'm logged in to the server to watch it) so an on-complete command line option would be a great addition too. Parameters to pass in for my needs would include device name, basic [success | failure | cancelled | nothing changed] flag and total number of new, updated and deleted items. Others may want more or less.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 10:26:09 am »

I never know when it's finished the sync (unless I'm logged in to the server to watch it) so an on-complete command line option would be a great addition too. Parameters to pass in for my needs would include device name, basic [success | failure | cancelled | nothing changed] flag and total number of new, updated and deleted items. Others may want more or less.

That would be cool, but I don't need anything so fancy.

I just need a command line box that I can type something into that executes after the sync has finished.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up