INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flac sync support for Android  (Read 2279 times)

Trill304

• Recent member
Flac sync support for Android
« on: January 15, 2012, 08:14:49 am »

I tried syncing my flac collection to my android phone, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S™ ll, Epic™ 4G Touch, to know avail without transcoding to MP3.  I know that the phone does not by default support flac but there are multiple options to playback those files on Android (I use PowerAMP).  I know you can drop and drag the files but I wanted to use JRiver & my phone to replace my iTunes/Ipod combo.  Is there a way to enable the syncing of flac files to android without transcoding?

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Flac sync support for Android
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 08:18:15 am »

Is there any point syncing Flacs without having those really expensive headphones?

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 08:52:54 am »

I don't remember the exact details and don't have a USB cable handy to hook up right now, but if you right click on the Android device in the tree (under Drives & Devices) there should be an "options" choice (or something along those lines). In the menu that pops up after clicking that there should be an option for "supported file types". Add FLAC to this list and you should be good to go. There are also some options for whether or not to convert unsupported file types. Hope this helps.
-Jon

Trill304

• Recent member
Re: Re: Flac sync support for Android
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 09:36:00 am »

The process of having to transcode on a sync takes a long time...

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 10:55:24 am »

bunglemebaby was correct. 

Under Options > Handheld > Conversion > Audio is a setting for "Mode:" and you can set/change to "Convert unsupported formats" which will tell MC to ONLY convert file types NOT in the list below.

Under Options > Handheld > Files, Paths & More is a setting called "Supported Types:", and if you add ";flac" to that list (no dot and no space) it tells MC that flac files are handled by your device, and the setting above will then skip converting them.
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up