INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Party Mode Request  (Read 1554 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Party Mode Request
« on: October 24, 2011, 01:42:07 pm »

I like party mode but I think it would be cool if after I enter my password the exit the mode, that a dialogue could appear asking approval for changes..

This way I could see what has been changed and keep what is acceptable. It would probably be split into distinct approval sections i.e. Changed Tags, Changed Filename, Rating and the one which I would use the most, approval of statistics i.e. updating the number of plays for a song.

This way if I have friends over and they are clumsy, I can still use party mode for what it is intended but still update the statistics for what songs have been played that night.. (And possibly ratings changes)

I don't think would be a hard problem to solve, I know that party mode works by making a shadow copy of the db, so all it would really have to do is compare the shadow copy and the original copy and check for discrepancies then display them..

I think this would be a feature everybody could appreciate..

Thanks

Guinness77

• Recent member
Re: Party Mode Request
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 09:12:18 am »

I second a real party mode, or kiosk mode, or whatever the official name should be.  I really would like a jukebox style interface that is simple to use, customizable, and *does not* allow any changes to the software.  You would have to enter a key to exit the jukebox screen.  It should be able to be set up so that you click the cover, click on the tracks and they are automatically added to the queue.  Something really simple to use, with varying options that can be changed.  Something that can be skinned. 

I really think this would attract a ton of new customers who use existing software for stand alone jukeboxes, or touch screen jukeboxes.  The better audio quality processing, zones, etc... are great benefits.
If I could have something like that, with a screen that was accessible to change zones/zone volumes, I would donate a few license's worth of money :)

Guinness77

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 02:34:13 pm »

Just wondering if there is any chance of seeing a kiosk mode in media center 17?

Thanks!

SamuelMaki

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 10:20:00 am »

+1 for kiosk mode...
AMD Phemon II N930 Quad 2.0ghz, AMD Radeon HD 5650, 4GB RAM, Windows 8 RP x64

SamuelMaki

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 11:40:16 am »

I did think more about kiosk mode, and I got couple of ideas... I want to make it so, that I can "lock" my images and videos, so I can keep them "private". So, I would like some jukebox-mode (maybe some fancy skin also :) ), so I can let my friends listen to my music but they cannot do anything else (tag/delete/rename/you name it). And I donīt want them to mess with my settings ;)
AMD Phemon II N930 Quad 2.0ghz, AMD Radeon HD 5650, 4GB RAM, Windows 8 RP x64

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 11:48:55 am »

Ah, Kiosk mode. For me, the holy grail of MC feature requests.

locust

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 12:01:55 pm »

I want to make it so, that I can "lock" my images and videos

You can already do this - Open Access Control - Check Enable
Select "Only show files matching custom search"
Click the customise search button > Import / Export
and paste in [Media Type]=[Audio]

It's make it look like you only have music in your library..

Guinness77

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 12:25:26 pm »

Ah, Kiosk mode. For me, the holy grail of MC feature requests.

It would be great to have for parties!  Something with a simple layout and screw up proof :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up