INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pause/rewind/fast forward not working on TV (DLNA stream)  (Read 5286 times)

Flyingcircus

Pause/rewind/fast forward not working on TV (DLNA stream)
« on: April 19, 2012, 01:16:30 pm »

Hi
I'm using the media center v16 to stream videos to my TV via home network

it's been working pretty well so far but i've been running into some problems

flash video files will generally play but i cannot navigate them (e.g. rewind or pause) neither client nor host side
whenever i try the video will start over from the beginning

the same happens to me with all h.264 encoded videos (most will however play.. only one so far that was encoded as level 3.1 with 4 reference frames wouldn't play at all)
mpeg-4 enoded videos for example work just fine

curiously the windows media player was able to successfully stream one of those h.264 videos with working navigation to the TV (encoded as level 4.1 with 9 reference frames) , most however don't work at all when using media player so it's not an option

the television is a panasonic GT 30 should that be of any importance

is there any common fix to this or some pointers as to where i could try to tweak some settings to see if i can get it to work?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Pause/rewind/fast forward not working on TV (DLNA stream)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 11:43:27 am »

If you are using the default settings, most of your content is getting transcoded to mpeg2. The renderer is supposed to be able to seek/pause a mpeg2 stream so I don't think there is anything that you can do to change it.

Flyingcircus

Re: Pause/rewind/fast forward not working on TV (DLNA stream)
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 06:55:04 pm »

well it's working with other videos that only run when i check the "convert unsupported formats" option
Pages: [1]   Go Up