INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How is FPS determined?  (Read 989 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
How is FPS determined?
« on: January 22, 2012, 11:28:27 am »

I just recorded a couple of movies from my TV (from Directv using Colossus). The FPS is listed as "25 fps" in MC17 for the movie Joe Kidd.
I know that is not correct (at least for for the DVD version) - and I don't think Directv would broadcast anything at 25fps (in the USA).

1) So why/how did MC come up with the "25 fps"?

2) Should the FPS shown in MC for any file/movie/show match what the program MediaInfo lists for the fps - or is MediaInfo and MC looking at different things?

3) Can a movie that is filmed at 23.976 fps be changed to another FPS by recording the broadcasting (meaning if Directv sends movies/tv at 60fps would it be saved on my computer as 29.976 or 60 (if that is even possible))?

I just want to undertsand the process and if I have something setup wrong, make the correction.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
Re: How is FPS determined?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 11:55:49 am »

+1

It would be very helpful to get an explanation of the whole process and when/how we should choose those settings in Tools/Video/Display Settings. Must admit I am totally lost there.

I looked at the WIKI and there was a lot there under Video Playback. I'm wondering if the information is still current for MC use since it talked about Direct Show Filters instead of Red October, and ReClock instead of MC's VideoClock. After reading all that I'm still confused about what to do (if anything) with the MC Video Display Settings.

Thanks,

Rod

CountryBumkin

Re: How is FPS determined?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 05:00:11 pm »

I did a few more TV recordings and I noticed that only the files/movies that are recorded in JTV format are taged as 25 fps (these recodings are the ones from my Colossus). The recodings that are done on my Haupauge 2250 (in TS format) are correctly tagged (as far as I can tell). Is there something broke with the JTV format?
Pages: [1]   Go Up