INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M-Audio Firewire Audiophile input to MC17?  (Read 951 times)

bruce.weiland

• Recent member
M-Audio Firewire Audiophile input to MC17?
« on: January 21, 2012, 01:43:12 pm »

Good morning all,  :)

Wasn't sure where to post this.   Since I have recently upgraded to MC17 I thought I would start here.  If you can't help with this maybe you can direct me to where I should be posting.

I have been playing my digital directly from my DAC to my amps, with no line/preamp.  Much better sound that way, buttttttt....

I also have about 800 records I want to play.  I do have an external phono preamp.  So, I have put the output of the phono preamp into an M-Audio Firewire Audiophile which will sample at 96/24.  

I have input all the way to the M-Audio control panel in my computer.  

I don't suppose anyone has any idea how to get MC17 to accept the output from the M-Audio software control panel into MC17, do you?  

Yes, I realize I can record to the HD and then playback from there, but I would rather do this real-time if I can, and save all that hard drive space.  ::)

Thanks in advance for any help.  :D

Bruce
Martin Logan PRODIGY by passed crossovers, HP server - MC20, Windows 10, USB-S/PDIF cnvrtr, or (Linn/UltraCraft unipivot w/ VTAF, GAS Sleeping Beauty, CJ PV5 phono) to Behringer DEQ2496, PS Audio DSD DAC, JP200 clone, 2 Cary CAD 280SA V12 mono blocks - Cardas Helink Golden 5-C, Zero autoformers, AQ 144V Volcano to stats,Behringer DCX2496 to 2 bridged modified Behringer EP4000's - Geortz MI 3 to woofers and 2 ML Depth subs, Aural Thrills ACS tube powered interconnects

bruce.weiland

• Recent member
recording input straight through to the MC17 output/playback ?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 02:46:38 pm »

Alright.  Different question. 

I have MC17 recording now from my M-Audio Firewire Audiophile.

I don't suppose there is anyway to pass the recording input straight through to the MC17 output/playback, is there?

Again thanks in advance.

I am going to post this question with a better subject, if I can't modify this one.

Bruce
Martin Logan PRODIGY by passed crossovers, HP server - MC20, Windows 10, USB-S/PDIF cnvrtr, or (Linn/UltraCraft unipivot w/ VTAF, GAS Sleeping Beauty, CJ PV5 phono) to Behringer DEQ2496, PS Audio DSD DAC, JP200 clone, 2 Cary CAD 280SA V12 mono blocks - Cardas Helink Golden 5-C, Zero autoformers, AQ 144V Volcano to stats,Behringer DCX2496 to 2 bridged modified Behringer EP4000's - Geortz MI 3 to woofers and 2 ML Depth subs, Aural Thrills ACS tube powered interconnects

craigmcg

• World Citizen
Re: M-Audio Firewire Audiophile input to MC17?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 07:19:43 am »

Just to make sure I understand, you just want to listen to your records through the soundcard/PC without recording it?

If so, the M-audio driver control panel should have a setting in the input or record part that allows to to enable the line in and the music being fed to the souncard would just play, no MC action required.
Pages: [1]   Go Up