INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linksys DMA2100 Media Center Extender with MC17  (Read 1656 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Linksys DMA2100 Media Center Extender with MC17
« on: January 31, 2012, 02:59:13 am »

Does anybody know if the Linksys DMA2100 Media Center Extender will work as a DMR with MC?

All I want to do i push audio to it like the JRiver ID, I can't wait any longer for the new ID's to come in so am looking at other (cheap) options.

I have found a few of thees units availble 2nd hand, but I'm not sure if they will work with MC or not.

Thanks
Richard 

bob

• Administrator
Re: Linksys DMA2100 Media Center Extender with MC17
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 09:59:09 am »

Does anybody know if the Linksys DMA2100 Media Center Extender will work as a DMR with MC?

All I want to do i push audio to it like the JRiver ID, I can't wait any longer for the new ID's to come in so am looking at other (cheap) options.

I have found a few of thees units availble 2nd hand, but I'm not sure if they will work with MC or not.

Thanks
Richard 
I'm thinking not.
They aren't listed at DLNA.ORG and seem to be WMC devices (like an xbox 360). That would imply they are not pushable.
Kind of a nasty review at engadget...
http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/18/linksys-discontinues-media-center-extenders-hardly-anyone-notic/

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
Re: Linksys DMA2100 Media Center Extender with MC17
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 03:32:29 pm »

Thanks Bob, I came to the same conclusion.

I've now purchased a D-Link DSM-320 for $20 off ebay to try that out, as it seems to support PlayTo and I only need it for audio.

Hopefully it will be a wired/wireless alternative to the ID for me.

Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up