INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do changes to Skins get lost with new releases?  (Read 1278 times)

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Do changes to Skins get lost with new releases?
« on: January 25, 2012, 06:55:32 pm »

I have decided to have a play at changing the appearance of TheaterView but need to know where to store the files so they don't get overwritten when I install a new release.  There are two parts, the Skin and the Theme.  If this works anything like the web server, I assume that a new folder in Themes will get saved but what about Skins?

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
Re: Do changes to Skins get lost with new releases?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 07:57:17 pm »

As long as you use a unique name they will not be changed or removed.
Sean

NickF

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 01:45:43 am »

As long as you use a unique name they will not be changed or removed.
Excellent!  Thanks, Scolex.

I just need some inspiration on styling now!

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 02:52:23 am »

Keep a back up though so you don't make the same mistake I did. I was having trouble with my computer and did a format and reinstall of windows and did not have a backup of my MC customizations, it is now part of my automated backup.
Sean
Pages: [1]   Go Up