INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Bug?] Customise Views for, Gizmo, Webremote & Webplay [Doesn't Work]  (Read 1329 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe

Hi
Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customise Views for, Gizmo, Webremote & Webplay

This part seems to do nothing.. What I really want to do is set rules for file display but it doesn't seem to work.. I've even tried adding dummy custom views & they never show up..

I've tried this in Gizmo (Android), Webplay and Web Gizmo (I'm not sure if this is supposed to work for Web Gizmo or not but it doesn't atm)

If this happening for anyone else.

I don't know if this is the same in version 16 because I have just recently started tinkering with this feature..

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: [Bug?] Customise Views for, Gizmo, Webremote & Webplay [Doesn't Work]
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 10:18:19 am »

It works for me here.

Can you describe in more detail what you are trying to do?

The settings under Options -> Media Network -> Advanced -> Customize Views for Gizmo, etc change the WebRemote and Gizmo views that are shown when you connect to that server via an Android device or web browser.  Are you sure you are trying to change these directly on the server?  (You cannot change these views from a connected client copy of MC.)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

locust

Re: [Bug?] Customise Views for, Gizmo, Webremote & Webplay [Doesn't Work]
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 11:30:00 am »

Hi Glynor thanks for the reply.

I did make the changes on the server.. I logged on today and opened Webplay and the changes I made yesterday are now there.. It seems that maybe MC has to close down fully before the changes filter through because yesterday I even tried disabling then re-enabling media network and the changes still didn't show..

I've made some more changes today and the same is happening.. I can verify that after I close down MC, going into task manager and killing mc then re-opening it, allows the changes to filter through..

Is there a reason why mc has to close down first? Or can this be patched to be more responsive to changes.. It isn't really practical making small changes and then having to kill mc and re-open it to see those changes..

Does the same happen on your machine?

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up