INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: newbe question about tagging iso as movie  (Read 1133 times)

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
newbe question about tagging iso as movie
« on: January 22, 2012, 12:42:38 pm »

Hi

From the wiki:
"Tag your ISO Files: You now need to tag each of your ISO files as Video, Audio etc pending on what view you want them to appear in. To do this select you ISO file(s) and change the "Media Type" Library Field to the correct type (eg, "Video" but could be "Audio" if you ISO your CD's). You can then assign Coverart (if desired) as with any other items in the database."

So to the obvious and I quess quite dumb question.
HOW do I tag a ISO file?

and when that is said, I do not have one, I think I have maybe hundred... how can I tag all iso files in all directories under a top level directory (or a drive)?

any help would be appriciated.

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: newbe question about tagging iso as movie
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 01:44:02 pm »

Hi

See this thread :

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68286.msg459583;topicseen#msg459583

When you set up an auto-import rule for your top level directory, you can just select 'data->iso' for the rule and set up an auto tag rule to tag them with Media type 'Video' and subtype 'Movies' if you wish.

SBR

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 03:23:04 pm »

Hi

See this thread :

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68286.msg459583;topicseen#msg459583

When you set up an auto-import rule for your top level directory, you can just select 'data->iso' for the rule and set up an auto tag rule to tag them with Media type 'Video' and subtype 'Movies' if you wish.

SBR
Thanks for your input.
Seems like a perfect solution. But... I just cant get it to work. As far as I can understand I do exactly what I should do, but MC just dont want to import the iso movies into the library.
I have tested this using auto import and by importing single folder.

This is what I do:
import...
configure auto import...
add
select the root folder for my movies (it's on a network drive)
check video
check disc images (iso,...) under data
select movie as auto tag
exit the dialog

but the files arenot added.

have anyone done this in the latest version of MC? Is it possible that there is a bug? (I noticed that the import method have been optimized in one of the last releases)

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 03:57:01 pm »

Two possibilities.

1) is this enabled?

Tools > Options > File Types > Data > Disk Image Files (iso, img, nrg)

2) The files may already be imported, but the view is not showing of ISO files.  Verify by creating a new Smartlist, click the Import/Export button, and enter exactly:

~d=a

Then, search the list for your ISO files.  You can do this easily in the Search area, in the upper right, by entering

[File Type]=[iso]

The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 06:10:18 pm »

thanks, you were right. The files are there.

What I see is that Im not able to get the files registered as "Video". Media type is set to "Data".
I'm not able to cange it to video. auto import does not sem to fix it, even if I think that I'm doing it all as it should be done.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 06:48:05 pm »

Select the file in Media Center, and open Action Window > Tag.  Use the pulldown menu and select Show All Tags.  Find Media Type, and click in the value that currently says Data.  It should open for edit, and you should be able to select Video here.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up