INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Sleep Timer for Theater View  (Read 2442 times)

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Feature Request: Sleep Timer for Theater View
« on: January 08, 2012, 08:17:22 pm »

I think it is time to integrate a sleep timer as shutdown feature for Theater View.

Until now I'm using the Sleep Timer Plugin,but each time i have to leave Theater View.
And then toggle to mouse function on my remote and set shutdown timer with it. :(
That's not the way it should be.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! Do it.

I've asked for it,as MC 15 was coming out.
So Please integrate it in Theater View.
This isn't much work to do,but a useful Feature to use!

Best Regards
Stuckmojo
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

jjedwards

Re: Feature Request: Sleep Timer for Theater View
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 09:07:57 am »

I find undetailed references to plugins, writing code, and SDK (?) as possilbe ways to set up a sleep timer to allow music to stop after certain duration.  The "services and  plugin"  Scheduler for my MC17 evaluation software does not allow me to create a duration for the "play" task, and also plays only random music despite selection in drop-down menu.  Are there directions for the scheduler that would have it act as a timer?  Are there directions for using other methods to create a sleep timer.  Thanks...

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 10:38:28 am »

This can be done easily enough.

1) Create a Play schedule event as shown.
2) Create a Stop on schedule command line event as shown.

Perhaps you're using a Smartlist or some PlayDoctor playchart, which is already randomized.  A playlist won't be randomized unless you select the Shuffle Files checkbox.

One bug I see is that Search Results is not usable.

You can also use Windows Scheduler to do likewise; you'd use a MCC Play command and the same MCC stop command.  Ask if you need help using this method instead of the above.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MrC

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 06:29:43 pm »

One bug I see is that Search Results is not usable.

The devs have resolved this, available soon in an upcoming build.

jjedwards

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 12:44:45 am »

Thanks! -  the "STOP" command works fine.  I'm still working on the "PLAY" command.  Is there a library of programs made with scheduler commands?  

It seems that "duration" should work in "Play" command, but it's greyed out?
How could Windows Task Scheduler be used to time MC for certain duration?  Thanks....
'

'

MrC

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 12:06:06 pm »

Can you explain what you mean by "library of programs made with scheduler commands"?  Scheduler allows you to create timers to perform one of Play, Record, or run an external program that is installed in your system.

The time portion of the dialog is standard across the modes.  Probably Duration is not available in Play mode because it would require MC to setup a task to shut it down.  Duration is used for Scheduling auto-recordings of streams.

Windows task scheduler has a built in durations, and thus you could have it start playback with MC and it would shut down the MC program after that duration.  Alternatively, you can setup a Start/Stop sequences of commands with task scheduler just like you can do in MC.  The advantage of using task scheduler is that you can have it do the job even when MC is not running.

jjedwards

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 05:32:02 am »

Thanks.....I'm satisfied with having scheduler work, and will look into Windows schedule r later.  By "library of programs made with scheduler commands", I vaguely imagined that savvy users may have created and then shared a list of command lines to do different routines using MC.  I'm not imagining anything specific.  However, in researching the sleep timer, I found that there is an interface plug-iin SDK folder that includes a Sleep Timer example.  However, this timer doesn't load in as a plug-in, and, again, I'm satisfied enough with the scheduler.  But if you think the SDK example would be useful, I'd appreciate any info.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up