INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 17.0.75 -- Available Here  (Read 18561 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 17.0.75 -- Available Here
« on: January 25, 2012, 09:28:31 am »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170075.exe

17.0.75 (1/25/2012)

1. Fixed: TMDb lookup was not loading all information.
2. Changed: Updated DVB-S satellite transponder files.

17.0.74 (1/24/2012)

1. NEW: DVB-S television support.  Please test.
2. Changed: Library server access key registration is now updated hourly instead of daily. This should reduce problems with having a dynamic external IP address.
3. Changed: DSP plugins are flushed when they're turned on so plugins with a history won't cause old audio to play when turning on.
4. Fixed: Media Editor was not opening high bitdepth files properly.
5. Faster: Improved how Convolution operates when a filter operates on multiple input channels (should give a 10-25% speedup in these cases).
6. Fixed: Playing images and videos at a remote location was not working properly with WebGizmo.

17.0.73 (1/23/2012)

1. Changed: Carnac better handles videos that are signed with two usernames.
2. Fixed: Unimported television shows would not be considered television shows by some tools.
3. Fixed: Resolution changes while Theater View were showing were not handled nicely.
4. Fixed: With JRSS disabled, bass redirection in Room Correction would not work in some cases.
5. Changed: Revised the generic tagging error to say "errors while tagging or moving files" instead of "errors while tagging and moving files".
6. Changed: VideoClock no longer considers 2.5x a target ratio between the monitor refresh rate and video frame rate worth deviating the clock to achieve.
7. Changed: When looking up movie & TV information automatically as part of auto-import, fields with existing data will never be overwritten (manually running the tool will overwrite existing data).
8. Changed: Adding an auto-import folder offers auto-complete of paths when typing.
9. Changed: TMDb lookup gets genre for movies.

17.0.72 (1/20/2012)

1. Changed: Tuning to how a video looks when starting if it takes a little while to load (removed fade-in animation from build 71, changed timing).
2. Changed: YouTube clips with a genre of 'Music' will have their media sub type set to 'Music Video' so that JRSS upmixing will use music mixing instead of center-focused movie mixing.
3. Faster: Optimization to make playing from an Internet source a little faster.
4. NEW: Added relational field 'TheTVDB Series ID' that will be used when running Get Movie & TV Info, when loading backdrops, etc. (if some series gets the wrong data, use 'Get Movie & TV Info' manually to get correct data one time and subsequent lookups of the same series will automatically use that series).
5. NEW: 'Get Movie & TV Info' can be run on any number of files (when processing more than one file, automatic lookup is used instead of showing the lookup dialog).
6. Fixed: The option 'Skip file if already in library' in Action Window > Camera was not working in some cases.
7. Changed: Added media sub type 'Test Clip'.
8. NEW: Added 'Create Audio Test Clips' under Tools > Advanced to create audio files that are useful for testing and calibration (pink noise, tones, silence, etc.).
9. Changed: DLNA, allow some time for M-Search and Notify to be propagated before repeating. Seems to help with DLNA device detection.
10. Fixed: LAV Video decoder was being used for Cinepak and MSRLE but the codecs were not being enabled in LAV, causing some files to fail to play.
11. NEW: It's now possible to rename DLNA renderer zones.

17.0.71 (1/19/2012)

1. Fixed: YouTube playback was not working.
2. Changed: Disabling of the screensaver / monitor power while playing a video is more reliable.
3. Fixed: Grouping of Duration or other decimal number fields in views could give unpredictable results.
4. Fixed: The search box was disabled on the Scheduler > Play task page.
5. NEW: Deleting the last item in a Theater View list will automatically go back a level instead of showing an empty list.
6. Fixed: After deleting all items in a Theater View category, and then going back, the category would remain until leaving and reentering the view.
7. Changed: Starting video playback won't show cover art or 'Opening...' if the video starts in a few seconds.
8. NEW: Allow a DLNA player zone to associate with a particular DLNA server (right-click on the zone->Associate with DLNA server). If not set, MC defaults to the old behavior (first in the server list).
9. Fixed: Remove DSP and Playback options from DLNA zones (not applicable).

17.0.70 (1/18/2012)

1. Fixed: Get Movie & TV Info wasn't properly sorting TheTVDB matches by relevance.
2. Fixed: TheTVDB lookup didn't handle multiple directors properly.
3. Changed: Sidecar subtitles with no language specifier are used automatically if the video has no other embedded / forced subtitles (unless subtitles are turned off in Options > Video).
4. Changed: Updated the default Podcasts (use 'Add Default Podcast Feeds' to get the latest list).
5. Faster: When browsing Explorer views, file are analyzed several at a time instead of one at a time (makes browsing unimported files must faster in Standard View and Theater View).
6. Faster: DVD analyze / import times are much faster.
7. Faster: Improved performance of Theater View 'Explorer' views.
8. Fixed: Disabling of the screen saver was not working in Theater View (optional in Options > Theater View).
9. Faster: Tuned SSE3 used for Convolution making the engine around 5% faster.

17.0.69 (1/17/2012)

1. NEW: Added support for output delays in Convolution configuration files.
2. NEW: Media Center now supports the Bink video format (.bik).
3. Fixed: A list-style Action Window Tag window (like Keywords, etc.) could steal the focus from the search box when it was open.
4. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
5. Fixed: Hulu playback could stall.
6. Fixed: In certain cases, button presses from a remote might not register in Media Center.
7. NEW: Auto-Import looks up movie & TV info (optional, only runs on movies and TV episodes with no metadata, operates the same as manually running 'Get Movie & TV Info' and selecting the first result).
8. NEW: Added MCC command (MCC_SET_VOLUME_MODE:20056) for setting volume mode (parameter 0=application, 1=internal, 2=system, 3=disabled).
9. Fixed: 24-bit ALAC files were not playing properly.

17.0.68 (1/16/2012)

1. Fixed: Showing Theater View could hang at a black screen in some cases.
2. NEW: Improved Hulu integration (login, queue, more titles per category, nicer playback, etc.).
3. Faster: Convolution uses SSE3 in the convolution kernel when supported (gives about an 8% speed-up to the convolution engine on supported processors).
4. Fixed: When using VideoClock when a large correction was needed (like PAL slowdown), the audio rate could fail to stabilize in some cases, especially when using madVR.
5. Changed: VideoClock will target a maximum deviation of 5% instead of 7.5% to achieve an even multiple between the video and display rates (so 28 Hz material on a 60 Hz display won't target 1:2, but 25 Hz material on a 24 Hz display will still target 1:1).
6. Fixed: The DVB-T channel scanning problem in build 65 is fixed.
7. NEW: The subtitle engine supports sidecar subtitles when playing from a Library Server.
8. Changed: In image preview mode, doing something that shows an Action Window (like Share to Web) will close the image preview so that the Action Window will be visible.
9. Fixed: The option "Video/Crop edges" wasn't working for non-DVD videos.
10. Changed: When DVD playback fails because MS decoder won't connect to splitter, we now fall back to other Mpeg2 decoders rather than failing playback.
11. Fixed: Playing multiple videos in a playlist could unnecessarily delay 5 seconds when starting subsequent videos.

17.0.67 (1/13/2012)

1. Fixed: The DVB-T channel scanning problem found in build 65 is truly fixed.
2. Fixed: When moving or deleting video files with an associated image file, if the image file was also imported into the database, the database entry didn't get moved or deleted correctly.

17.0.66 (1/12/2012)

1. Changed: Library servers without a key (never clicked on access key under Media Network Options) will now show up as a library server instead of a DLNA server under Playing now.
2. Fixed: Minor cleanup of a sent user agent string in Media Network.
3. Fixed: The DVB-T channel scanning problem found in build 65 is likely fixed.

17.0.65 (1/10/2012)

1. Fixed: Convolution was not working properly.
2. Changed: Convolution filter volume normalization is optional.
3. Changed: Better volume handling when convolution resamples a filter to a different sample rate.
4. Changed: Convolution normalization targets a change of -6 dB so that there's enough room to prevent clipping in most cases (it's also recommend that you leave 'Clip Protection' enabled in DSP Studio).
5. Changed: Red October uses the latest LAV filters (v0.44). Intel QuickSync hardware decoding supported, plus other new goodies and bug fixes.
6. Changed: Right-click menu on audio CD tracks no longer shows library tools that don't make sense. Added a button in header for getting track info from YADB.
7. NEW: XMLTV channel IDs can be automatically matched with MC DVB-T television channels.

17.0.64 (1/6/2012)

1. Changed: Renaming a file or folder in the MC Explorer tree now runs a verification to make sure it wouldn't create any invalid (too long) filenames underneath and fails the rename if it would.
2. Fixed: Using the "Rename, Move, & Copy..." tool for a video file with an associated image file was failing.
3. Changed: When resampling audio, the resampler delay at the beginning (a small fraction of a second) is removed instead of outputting the silence.
4. Changed: When importing videos (or doing quick find cover art), sidecar Folder.jpg images will be used if no [Filename].jpg image is found.
5. Changed: Folder.jpg files stored one level above the VIDEO_TS or BDMV folders will be used if no other sidecar artwork is found.
6. Fixed: Setting file association for playlist files like m3u wasn't working.
7. Fixed: Handle the case of file in database being temporarily non-existent for serving via DLNA. Some renderers (i.e. WDTV) really don't like zero byte files being served (it prevented the WD from reading other files without a reboot).
8. NEW: Added 'Convolution' to DSP Studio (more here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68828.0 ).

17.0.63 (1/4/2012)

1. Changed: The default zone is named 'Player' instead of 'Here' (it's recommend that you rename zones to have a name that is meaningful to you).
2. Changed: DVD scanning speed (FF/REW) capped at 50x since the playback graph was flaky at higher speeds.
3. Fixed: Live digital television playback did not observe Custom Video Mode settings (filter selections).  This problem for analog television will be fixed later.
4. Fixed: Deleting a DVD movie did not delete an associated image file in the same directory.
5. NEW: Added new Netflix browsing category "Recently Watched".  This may require re-configuration under Tools/Options/Services.
6. Changed: WebGizmo tuning.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

EpF

Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.75 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 10:37:21 am »

In the last few builds (not sure about earlier), I noticed a change in behaviour when tagging: In panes view, when I click on the checkbox beside 'New <field>' it used to be that I could type the first letter/s of whatever I wanted and then scroll down with the mouse wheel and I would get the first item in the list which started with that letter/those letters. It was very handy, especially because it meant that I didn't have to use Shift to get a capital letter when there was only one item starting with that letter - scrolling down would select the entry with the capital.

Now, scrolling down does nothing and scrolling up deletes everything typed into the dialogue box and it makes tagging, especially with long lists, more time consuming. The old behaviour still works once you have actually selected something in the list - you can then use the scroll-wheel to move through the list, just not when you type the first letter/s. Is this a bug?

Edit: P.S. JohnT, I sent that file you requested.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 11:46:47 am »

Confirmed that TMDB cover art is found and downloaded again. THANKS!!

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 04:17:14 pm »

8. Changed: Adding an auto-import folder offers auto-complete of paths when typing.

Sorry Matt this doesn't appear to be working here?

thomaspf

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 10:43:29 pm »

This release is still shortening the artist names on ripping. This is very tedious to clean up afterwards.

Is this a temporary bug or intended behavior?

Cheers

Thomas

satfrat

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 12:57:37 am »

Unable to play an internet radio channel on MC17.0.75, specifically Czech Radio: Cro Jazz. Downloading their URL stream addy will auto load on MC16 but won't on MC17, even when I've removed MC16. Guess it pays to keep past MC's.

Edit: I was actually using their website's 256k URL from my Windows Live browser when i was having the above problem. When I went though MC17's Connected Media and Googled the website, then used the same URL download link from within MC17, I had no problem. But I'm still curious why the browser URL link would auto load to MC16 but not MC17.

Cheers,
Robin

pinoyputi

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 07:03:34 am »

nce again I got a problem with Youtube in Theater View. It shows the info and picture but when starting thea youtube clip in theater view I get the following message, There was a problem loading the webpage Webmedia://youtube/xxxxx  . Please couble check connection and webpage you're trying to load. Error -302.
Works OK in standard view (connected media under Video). Please help. What could it be. It happens on two pc's in de house both on 17.0.75.

Is it the program or is it me?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 08:40:30 am »

Unable to play an internet radio channel on MC17.0.75, specifically Czech Radio: Cro Jazz. Downloading their URL stream addy will auto load on MC16 but won't on MC17, even when I've removed MC16. Guess it pays to keep past MC's.

Edit: I was actually using their website's 256k URL from my Windows Live browser when i was having the above problem. When I went though MC17's Connected Media and Googled the website, then used the same URL download link from within MC17, I had no problem. But I'm still curious why the browser URL link would auto load to MC16 but not MC17.
In MC16, turn off all the file associations.  Turn them on in MC17.  Please start a thread if you need help.

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 10:46:09 am »

This release is still shortening the artist names on ripping. This is very tedious to clean up afterwards.

Is this a temporary bug or intended behavior?

Cheers

Thomas
Regarding truncation, are you referring to the artist name displayed in Media Center or the folder name where the ripped audio tracks are placed?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 03:23:11 pm »

Why is MC still asking if folders should be deleted when they become empty?

I believe I have reported this bug at least three time before and have not received a response.

Can someone in development respond?

Even if it not a priority at least I would have the satisfaction that the bug has been acknowledged.
The Future is Remote!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 03:34:32 pm »

Because not everyone wants them to be deleted, even if they are empty.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 04:46:35 pm »

Have you tried checking 'Don't ask me again' on the question? (it only remembers if you click 'Yes')

JTB3

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
BUG Report: Sorting by Seq. Issue in Playlists (STILL BROKEN)
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 07:26:10 pm »

Hey Dev Team,
I reported this sorting issue (along with several others) in v17.0064 and it is STILL BROKEN and very frustrating on playlists over 99 songs!

How to reproduce:
1) select any playlist with over 99 items
2) Click on the Seq. column header to sort (by either ascending or descending)
3) Sort order now get mangled 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,100,101,102,103,104,105,016,107,108,109,10,110,11,111,112, etc.
4) This Sort Issue ALSO happens in the "Playing Now" list as well - But only after clicking on the Seq. header (not initially).

My long playlists are now unusable! and others have reported this as well
PLEASE PRIORITIZE A FIX!
Thanks! -JT (screenshot attached)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: BUG Report: Sorting by Seq. Issue in Playlists (STILL BROKEN)
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 08:54:57 pm »

Hey Dev Team,
I reported this sorting issue (along with several others) in v17.0064 and it is STILL BROKEN and very frustrating on playlists over 99 songs!

I haven't been able to reproduce this.

Could you send a library backup to logs at jriver dot com?

Thanks.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 09:05:10 pm »

I just emailed you mine.  I see the same.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JTB3

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 10:05:03 pm »

I haven't been able to reproduce this.
Could you send a library backup to logs at jriver dot com?

Yes indeed - Just emailed it - and thanks for looking into this!
-JT

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 03:42:20 am »

Have you tried checking 'Don't ask me again' on the question? (it only remembers if you click 'Yes')

Matt: Thanks for your response

I have ticked it on countless occasions without effect.  I do not want my folders removed, nor do I want to be hassled with the question which frequently gets sent to my primary monitor on those occasions when the HTPC is closed down before MC has had the chance to show the question on the extended monitor.  The result of this is that MC does not start up correctly because it is stuck open on the primary monitor with the unanswered question.

This additional information may be of help taken from an earlier post.

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 17\Properties\Confirm" and find "Remove Empty Folders" in the list on the right. If its value is "1", then that means "Don't ask again" and the "Last Value" indicates the action MC will perform without asking.

-marko

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately "Remove Empty Folders" does not exist in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 17\Properties\Confirm registry section!  I checked both version 16 & 17 and neither of them has this key.

Can we get it fixed or have a global facility to enable / disable the function?
The Future is Remote!

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 08:25:53 am »

MC was once again giving me the option of downloading YouTube videos in the last build.

It is not offering any options since I installed this build, but instead goes straight to the video.
. . . the game is rigged

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 08:32:32 am »

Matt: Thanks for your response

I have ticked it on countless occasions without effect.  I do not want my folders removed, nor do I want to be hassled with the question which frequently gets sent to my primary monitor on those occasions when the HTPC is closed down before MC has had the chance to show the question on the extended monitor.  The result of this is that MC does not start up correctly because it is stuck open on the primary monitor with the unanswered question.

We only save the answer if you say 'yes'.  Otherwise, you would lose the ability to ever have empty folders cleaned up. 

I didn't think anyone would ever want that, but obviously that was wrong.

What do people think of just allowing the 'don't ask again' to save either answer?

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 08:36:05 am »

We only save the answer if you say 'yes'.  Otherwise, you would lose the ability to ever have empty folders cleaned up. 

What do people think of just allowing the 'don't ask again' to save either answer?

I think it would be fine if it is clearly understood that this is what you are choosing, and that it is easily reversible.
. . . the game is rigged

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 09:05:33 am »

MC's standard view is bleeding through when Google Chrome is in focus (this does not seem to occur when using Firefox).

This is not a new development as it has been happening for quite a while now, and it matters not which skin I am using.
. . . the game is rigged

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 10:00:11 am »

Now I understand :)

Your compromise would work for me, I do not mind answering the question once for each series so long as it is reversible as mentioned by another user.  Personally I would prefer a global option in the Tools/options area but I could live with both.

If we go with the pop up question, is it possible to reduce the delay between deleting the last file in the folder and displaying the question?  It seems to take a while and as mentioned, frequently I have switched off before it has been posted to the screen.
The Future is Remote!

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 10:11:59 am »

In this build "Get Movie & TV Info" is suddenly very picky about TV Series naming and refuses to look up shows that do not meet required parameters. Was something here changed?

What is the required format for TV Series/Show look up?
What field must I must change to meet these requirements for look up?
. . . the game is rigged

JohnT

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 01:41:27 pm »

Yes indeed - Just emailed it - and thanks for looking into this!
-JT
Thanks for the libraries guys, the next build will have a fix for this problem.

paul.raulerson

• World Citizen
  • Let's get dangerous!
Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.75 -- Available Here (Crash report)
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 08:35:12 pm »

Hopefully, this is the right place to report a crash event.
Was switching from "Artist" to "Album" using MC Remote Control when this happened.  Windows box is dedicated to MC.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Media Center 17.exe
  Application Version:   17.0.68.0
  Application Timestamp:   4f14a05b
  Fault Module Name:   ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.1.7601.17725
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4ec49b8f
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   00038dc9
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

-----
Sorry, I could not find a file called 'crash' anywhere on the disk.

-Paul

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 08:37:51 pm »

Sorry, I could not find a file called 'crash' anywhere on the disk.
Look for "crash" in the log.  Logging is under "Help" in the MC menu.  It should be in the "previous" log.

paul.raulerson

• World Citizen
  • Let's get dangerous!
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 08:54:07 pm »

Nuts - it was not turned on, and therefore empty.   I re-installed MC last night because it had stopped working once or twice, and I thought it might be from the DigitalDust driver or something. Forgot to turn logging back on.  :-[

Will post if it happens again.

-Paul

pinoyputi

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2012, 05:15:30 am »

nce again I got a problem with Youtube in Theater View. It shows the info and picture but when starting thea youtube clip in theater view I get the following message, There was a problem loading the webpage Webmedia://youtube/xxxxx  . Please couble check connection and webpage you're trying to load. Error -302.
Works OK in standard view (connected media under Video). Please help. What could it be. It happens on two pc's in de house both on 17.0.75.

Is it the program or is it me?

I see answers to all kind of questions but not to this one. If I am doing something wrong please say so but don't ignore my questions. This only started after updating but maybe it is something wrong in the settings. It also effected playing an html file (in theater view only) that I use for grouping of my web radio's.

rvsharpe

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2012, 11:06:01 am »

I too am experiencing this problem. I downloaded this version of JRiver since i am looking for an alternative to my current home theater app. I have researched the Youtube issue and completed the following suggestions...

Verified that I have the latest version of IE9.

Upgraded to the latest version of Flash.

Using IE as the default browser for JRiver.

I continue to receive either an error code of 302 or a IE9 error screen stating that the page cannot be displayed. Upon clicking on the included links in the error message page, there is a reference of a 'webmedia' protocol issue, specifically that IE9 does not recognize this protocol. I have tried everything I can think of short of reinstalling.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Initially I was also having problems with Hulu as well but I was able to resolve those problems during the course of implementing the above procedures.

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2012, 11:48:05 am »

I came across this lately, any idea's what is going on? MC functions normally after i click away the box. Or is there something that won't work but i haven't used yet?

MrC

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2012, 11:50:22 am »

Restart and then reinstall MC.  This file can be locked sometimes when MC is installing, and the installer cannot upgrade until after the file is unlocked.

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 11:52:42 am »

Tnx, that was fast.   8) I'll give it a go.

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2012, 12:17:44 pm »

I deleted it then restored. That worked. So it's not locked.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2012, 12:23:10 pm »

noticed this in 17.0.64 and is still a problem in 17.0.75.
Auto import sets Media Sub Type to Movie for all dvd and bluray rips regardless of whats in tag on import.
As a test, placed only this in tag on import options:
Media Sub Type: Music Video
All avi's, mpg's, mkv's imported with Music Video as media sub type.
All dvd and bluray rips imported with Movie as media sub type.

thomaspf

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2012, 01:23:53 pm »

Regarding truncation, are you referring to the artist name displayed in Media Center or the folder name where the ripped audio tracks are placed?

I am referring to the path under which the file is ripped. With the new file system ReFS about to be launched, shortening file names looks like an anachronism.

Cleaning this all out after the fact by changing the Path name to the full artitst name is rather tedious.

Cheers

Thomas

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 05:47:25 pm »

Hey Dev Team,

How to reproduce:
1) select any playlist with over 99 items
2) Click on the Seq. column header to sort (by either ascending or descending)
3) Sort order now get mangled 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,100,101,102,103,104,105,016,107,108,109,10,110,11,111,112, etc.
4) This Sort Issue ALSO happens in the "Playing Now" list as well - But only after clicking on the Seq. header (not initially).

My long playlists are now unusable! and others have reported this as well
PLEASE PRIORITIZE A FIX!
Thanks! -JT (screenshot attached)

I experience this problem too.
Funny thing, however: if you choose 'Update order' then the Seq is sorted just fine. But when I want to set my Seq back to its original order, the mangled order appears.
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

MrC

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2012, 06:24:40 pm »

I experience this problem too.
Funny thing, however: if you choose 'Update order' then the Seq is sorted just fine. But when I want to set my Seq back to its original order, the mangled order appears.

The train is coming down the tracks...

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2012, 08:13:08 pm »

If I add a Search menu item to Theater View, click it, and type really fast (or maybe it's that I'm using double quotes, or backspacing repeatedly and re-typing quickly), MC consistently crashes.

maid

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2012, 02:13:01 am »

In this build "Get Movie & TV Info" is suddenly very picky about TV Series naming and refuses to look up shows that do not meet required parameters. Was something here changed?

What is the required format for TV Series/Show look up?
What field must I must change to meet these requirements for look up?
Get Movie & TV Info not putting in episode title in auto mode, if I check manually it does fill this in.
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

vairulez

• World Citizen
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2012, 11:43:41 am »

Get Movie & TV Info not putting in episode title in auto mode, if I check manually it does fill this in.

same problem for me, the episode title is only filled if I do a manual "Get Movie & TV Info" all other infos are filled though at import ...
HTPC : Dell workstation, windows 10, GT 1030, Lynx Two B
zone 1 : 2 Chevin Research Q6 + DIY speakers
zone 2 : Lake People G93 + HD650
zone 3 : 2 yamaha HS80M

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2012, 06:31:48 pm »

MC crashing if Playing Now list is empty and CAD plugin is active. (not sure about previous versions)
I can reproduce the crash every time, opening a media file from explorer prevents the crash.

Here is all that was in the log that seemed relevant.
Code: [Select]
0012207: 3448: SDK: CMJCurPlaylistAutomation::CMJCurPlaylistAutomation: Global Count: 1
0012207: 3448: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
0012207: 3448: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 33769, wParam: 71458728, lParam: 1, Window class: MJFrame
0012207: 3448: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: MCC: 34007, Param: 14

Full log

also posted in the int_cad 1.0 (CD Art Display/Rainmeter interface plugin) thread
Sean

3sideslive

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2012, 06:41:54 pm »

The Rename,Move, & Copy Files dialog seems to be dropping characters.
If I try to rename files with long album names (over 64? chars), using '[Album]' as the directory rule,
it drops the end of the album name.

vairulez

• World Citizen
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2012, 11:56:01 pm »

this problem that started with .71 build is still there :

there's a problem with subtitles selection in theaterview with this build. I can't select the subtitles using the osd with any of my anime (ssa/ass in mkv).
Using the mouse I can select them in the context menu.

It seems to happen when the language of the subtitles is not set in the mkv
HTPC : Dell workstation, windows 10, GT 1030, Lynx Two B
zone 1 : 2 Chevin Research Q6 + DIY speakers
zone 2 : Lake People G93 + HD650
zone 3 : 2 yamaha HS80M

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
Bug Report: Room Correction not working with 16 channels selected
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 12:02:27 am »

Room correction reports "output format not supported". I am using 16 channel output (after convolution).
It should process the first 8 channels normally.

boot77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2012, 02:42:52 pm »

I got a feature request

I am running a home server with jriver as server but also running the player to organise files etc. Because the player is running it is available as a zone. I this zone be disabled. I already deselected the option that the DLNA render device option but no luck.

JohnT

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2012, 03:20:26 pm »

I got a feature request

I am running a home server with jriver as server but also running the player to organise files etc. Because the player is running it is available as a zone. I this zone be disabled. I already deselected the option that the DLNA render device option but no luck.
Try unchecking "Options/Media Network/Client Options/Show playback zones from the server on the client".  It may still show DLNA zones from the server, an upcoming build (79 and above) will fix this.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2012, 10:37:40 pm »

Auto import sets Media Sub Type to Movie for all dvd and bluray rips regardless of whats in tag on import.
This happens while using portable install on my main PC.
After copying the portable install to my work laptop, tag on import works fine.

wormdazzler

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2012, 06:50:54 am »

As 17.0.75 is now available - why doesn't the update feature in MC17 recognise it? I'm running 17.0.68 and it tells me I'm up to date. :(
Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up