INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cartoon Episode Naming Issue  (Read 1093 times)

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
Cartoon Episode Naming Issue
« on: January 25, 2012, 02:33:28 pm »

I've been working on tagging the episodes in my cartoon shows and so far its very responsive and have been able to get it to look how I want. However I have one problem.

I have been trying to work on the proper thumbnails for the Tom and Jerry cartoons (original HB from the 40's) and when I click on 'Get Movie and TV Info' it says that its not eligible because it has to be in a season number and episode number format. I have it named like this:

s1940e01.Puss Gets The Boot

Thing is, on the TVDB website they only list the season by year, not by number and by that method was the only way to pull up the proper info. So for the first season of T&J its listed as 'Season 1940', 'Season 1950' and such. Is there a way to change the filename info where it can find the episode information and display thumbnail correctly? Tom and Jerry has been the only cartoon series that has been a challenge for me for the metadata because of the unconventional way they named the seasons on the website.

Thanks for any help!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Cartoon Episode Naming Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 04:50:32 pm »

It looks like TheTVDB uses "1940" as the SeasonNumber.

Most shows use an integer that counts up from 1 starting with the first season.

I'm not really sure how to handle this.  Suggestions?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cartoon Episode Naming Issue
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 05:32:52 pm »

I'm not really sure how to handle this.  Suggestions?

Match 1, 2 and 4 digits for Season and 1 to 3 digits for Episode. I suppose you have to be concerned about matching a year, but is seems unlikely a year would follow an 's' or precede an 'e' or 'x' (the usual season/episode designators).
Pages: [1]   Go Up