INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange response to commands in TheaterView  (Read 707 times)

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Strange response to commands in TheaterView
« on: January 25, 2012, 09:27:27 am »

I have found that, whilst playing Blu-Rays ripped to M2TS or MKV in TheaterView, if I send a Menu command code 10033, I get an option displayed with three lines:

Would you like to play the disc currently in your drive?
Yes
No

With the option to move up or down between the options and select the required one.

Firstly, this choice isn't relevant to a Menu command whilst playing the file.  As this isn't a DVD structure, I didn't expect to see any menu options, but secondly, and probably more importantly, there is no respnse to MCC Keystroke commands, e.g. 27000,38 = Up or 27000,40 = Down or 27000,13 = Enter.  These commands work fine elsewhere.  Interestingly, keyboard cursor keys and Enter key do work.

Can any of the developers explain what is going on here?  The key problem is that if Menu is pressed accidentally, there is no way out of this without picking up a keyboard.

Edit, I just minimised TheaterView whilst it was in the above state and had a look at my Girder Logger and it is not responding to any commands.  It was also impossible to close Girder without stopping the process in Task Manager.  Once I had restarted Girder, the commands worked OK for this  TheaterView option.  The same thing happens if Menu command is sent whilst in the Movie selection screens.  There has been no similar problem for any other MC17 screen or context.  Not at all good!

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Strange response to commands in TheaterView
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 06:03:48 pm »

The menu button (MCE remote and similar) works for physical dvd's only. When a DVD is in the drive, the dialog you see presents a shortcut way of starting playback.

For ripped media, you can access the menu via the OSD (if applicable).

I agree this is confusing. I think MC should make a desicion on what menu to present (physical vs ripped media) and *when* based on what's actually playing and not just assume it's for physical media.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

NickF

Re: Strange response to commands in TheaterView
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 06:45:48 pm »

Thanks for the reply, raym.  In my case, all my movies are ripped but DVDs are ripped using the DVD files in a video_ts folder whereas Blu-rays are ripped to mkv files.  So neither involves a physical disc.  The current logic is definitely flawed.  However, menu command works fine for DVD rips as the files are all present.  Blu-ray rips don't and menu command causes Girder to hang.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10
Pages: [1]   Go Up