INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Log onto Hulu?  (Read 2173 times)

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
Log onto Hulu?
« on: November 03, 2011, 09:27:00 am »

I see it's possible to watch Hulu in Theater View (maybe from standard view too, but I can't find it there). Is it possible to configure my login credentials for it so my Queue is available?

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Log onto Hulu?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 01:56:44 pm »

This isn't currently possible, although I agree it'd be nice.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 09:14:22 pm »

Matt, is this not possible as in the Hulu API doesn't allow for it? Or is it not possible as in not a priority for JR?

Either way, it's a fairly minor thing so not that big a deal IMO - just asking. 

Maxxwire

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 07:20:19 pm »

I am new to the JRiver Media Center and so it is always a thrill when I discover yet another of its many useful features. Last night I discovered that Hulu was available in Theater View and since I have a Hulu Plus subscription for their High Definition programming I was thrilled at the prospect of being able to use the excellent JRiver Media Center to view Hulu Plus content instead of having to use my Opera browser.

I followed the set up instructions and the Hulu button came up in Theater View and when I initiated it Hulu.com came up on the screen! Since Hulu.com features 90 second long 360p resolution clips I tried several times to log in to my Hulu Plus account in order to access their full length 720p resolution programming, but I gave up after several unsuccessful attempts. I'm not complaining as I do have access to Hulu Plus High Definition programming through my web browser, but I am looking forward to a day when I will no longer need to use a web browser to access my Hulu Plus account as I was once able to do with the Hulu Desktop software.            

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 08:25:39 pm »

I am looking forward to a day when I will no longer need to use a web browser to access my Hulu Plus account as I was once able to do with the Hulu Desktop software.
Why are you no longer able to use Hulu Desktop? I have a link set up in Theater View to launch Hulu Desktop so that I'm both able to use the account based features of Hulu and avoid having to use a keyboard. Admittedly I have not used it recently, but it's always worked very well for me.

RobertsJJ

• Recent member
  • I can add something witty here? Really?
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 11:18:00 pm »

Hello, everyone:

I have just gotten my HTPC setup and although I have no problem viewing Hulu and YouTube from a browser, it does not work for me from within MC (on v16.0.42 but upgrading this week).  Do those require user accounts to work in MC?  Do they require some "desktop" software?

Hulu gives a blank white screen from within Theater View and nothing activates from the Standard View when I click Play.

YouTube -- in Theater View -- gives a black screen with "There was a problem loading the web page: webmedia://YouTube/xxxxxxxxx" a statement about checking connections and then "Error Code: -302".  In Standard View it works fine.

Any suggestions for repair?  Thanks.

- RobertsJJ
(Happy, licensed user since version 7 MC/MJ)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 09:32:03 am »

Hulu and YouTube are working for me.  Make sure you're starting playback from Theater View > Video (not Standard View).

Where are you located?  Hulu is US only.

RobertsJJ

• Recent member
  • I can add something witty here? Really?
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 11:21:30 am »

Hi, Matt:

Thanks, I'm using it from the US but via Theater View > Connected > Hulu (there's no option under Video).

Does it use the engine of IE or my default browser to drive it?  Anything I can try differently? 

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 12:03:41 pm »

Hi, Matt:

Thanks, I'm using it from the US but via Theater View > Connected > Hulu (there's no option under Video).

Does it use the engine of IE or my default browser to drive it?  Anything I can try differently? 

Thanks!

Hulu doesn't use the browser at all.

Are you on v17.0.117?  If not, could you try updating?
Pages: [1]   Go Up