INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sort guide alphabetically  (Read 1733 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
sort guide alphabetically
« on: January 15, 2013, 01:15:06 am »

just got my card today 2550, took awhile to get server 2008 to recognize the card.. but i'm rocking and rolling on server and clients (had to enable TV Card BDA Hardware support via - http://www.win2008workstation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&p=10047  :) this is tooo cool!
few questions, possible bug

1. (Possible bug) Server 2008 when in theaterview, and i click an OTA channel (in guide) and chose watch, the file plays (you can hear audio) but there is no image/video playing in playing now, but once you move to the left, Info,List, Display View. then the video will show.
for some reason playing now is blank... if after going to info,List, display view, then going back to playing now. it is still blank but you can hear audio.
version 18 112

2. is it possible to sort the guide alphabetically? being i'm on OTA i'd like the channels alphabetical if possilble.

3. ive looked around for awhile now in forum and wiki, nothing to be found.. can guide from theaterview be used in webgizmo/gizmo? was curious if possible to watch tv(OTA) on cell phone as well?
4. question when in theaterview. how can one go through the channels? is it possible? say i am watching pbs in theaterview, can i somehow hit the up/down arrow to see next channel (PBS 2)? similiar to when in theaterview and you load a genre of action. once playing you can chose to play the next file.

Sandy B Ridge

1. (Possible bug) Server 2008 when in theaterview, and i click an OTA channel (in guide) and chose watch, the file plays (you can hear audio) but there is no image/video playing in playing now, but once you move to the left, Info,List, Display View. then the video will show.
for some reason playing now is blank... if after going to info,List, display view, then going back to playing now. it is still blank but you can hear audio.
version 18 112
I can't reproduce this. Clicking on a programme in the guide automatically opens the full screen display view for me.
2. is it possible to sort the guide alphabetically? being i'm on OTA i'd like the channels alphabetical if possilble.
My guide is alphabetically sorted from the outset. I assume this is because DVB doesn't automatically generate a channel number in the database and so defaults to alpha rather than channel number sorting.
In the theaterview settings for guide you might be able to sort them differently. Or failing that, if you have no use for the channel numbers, you could delete this tag from the database. 
3. ive looked around for awhile now in forum and wiki, nothing to be found.. can guide from theaterview be used in webgizmo/gizmo? was curious if possible to watch tv(OTA) on cell phone as well?
Guide - no, I don't think so. Channels - maybe. Try adding a smartlist of channels and seeing if you can see the smartlist on your device. I haven't tried, but I certainly will tonight when I get home!
4. question when in theaterview. how can one go through the channels? is it possible? say i am watching pbs in theaterview, can i somehow hit the up/down arrow to see next channel (PBS 2)? similiar to when in theaterview and you load a genre of action. once playing you can chose to play the next file.
Yes. Next and Previous will work. Also the displayview OSD for TV allows you to change channels. Arrow down to invoke the OSD and then arrow left/right to choose a channel.

Have fun!

SBR

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

version 18 112

Did you set Jump on play behavior correctly?  Tools > Options > Theater View > Behavior > Jump on play (video) : Display View
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

HTPC4ME

1. when playing any audio/video file in theaterview if one goes to playing now, then hits the down arrow twice that video will be playing. but when tv show is playing (OTA  at least... that's all i have now) the playing now is greyed out, but when moving to the right... Info, List, Display view the video shows. is this fixable? i if not is it possible in theaterview to have a rule... IF TV then use Display view, BUT if video/audio then use playing now view?

2. got that working Thanks.. Removed channel numbers and all good!

3. yet to try... but hoping so. will reply after smartlist tests complete.

4. I didnt even notice that.. thank you!

NickF

2. got that working Thanks.. Removed channel numbers and all good!

I'm not sure what is going on here.  I have channel numbers set for all channels and my guide still shows alphabetically.  Were the numbers inserted into the channel name?

Channel numbers in the channel number field are very useful for jumping to a particular channel.  When TV is showing, just use the remote number keys to select a channel.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

HTPC4ME

I'm not sure what is going on here.  I have channel numbers set for all channels and my guide still shows alphabetically.  Were the numbers inserted into the channel name?
i think so yes  :-[ now they all show alphabetically, and in the TV channels smartlist i made (diffrent topic) channels show as well. so when in theaterview display view, if i type 2,4,5,11 on remote it changes channels :)

I'm getting there. this is sooo cool. Finally our family has an all in one interface :)
Great job jriver!
Pages: [1]   Go Up