INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NBA League Pass  (Read 14732 times)

wbandar

NBA League Pass
« on: December 28, 2011, 01:00:27 pm »

I am using JRiver Media Center 16 and subscribe to NBA League Pass Broadband. Do any of you know how I can send the streaming video from my computer to my Playstation 3? I already use the Media server functionality of MC 16 and very comfortable sending all types of media to my PS3 that way, but it isn't clear how I can send streaming video from NBA.com.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

wbandar

Re: NBA League Pass
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 02:17:29 pm »

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 04:14:52 pm »

i dont stream video, or use video at all in MC, but how is it any different from streaming music?
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 05:01:24 pm »

i dont stream video, or use video at all in MC, but how is it any different from streaming music?
I'd guess that it's protected somehow. The audio music stream of a internet radio station can just be put in a playlist and usually  served over DLNA however if the content is protected as I assume this video is, simple providing the stream URL to the PS3 via a playlist won't allow the PS3 to play it (since the PS3 has no license for it).

pcstockton

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 05:15:49 pm »

i see.... doesn't the PS3 have a web browser?
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 09:35:33 am »

i see.... doesn't the PS3 have a web browser?
Yes but I don't think you can played licensed DRM content through it. I should say the only experience I have with this is the playing of MLB games on windows. To do so, all of the DRM licensing support has to be in place on the PC.

wbandar

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 10:21:12 am »

Thanks for getting back to me. I was travelling for work and didn't have a chance to check the board. I am able to view the games through the web browser for the PS3, but the quality is very poor. I was hoping to view it similar to viewing avi files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up