INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVB-S [Working]  (Read 13780 times)

NickF

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: DVB-S [Working]
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2012, 02:41:37 pm »

I'm afraid it isn't working!  I have had some serious consequences of running MC with TV.  I have had two system crashes, something I have never had with any other application.  Whilst playing live TV, the video freezes, the audio plays a short sample of audio over and over, then the PC crashes and restarts.  Every time, the live TV will play for 1 to 2 minutes then goes into this state.  The PC doesn't always restart but does not respond to any inputs and has to be hard reset.  I will post a log later.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2012, 01:36:25 am »

Oh no!

I haven't had much of a chance to try since the other day. Work has got in the way.  :(

Are you using RO Std or ROHQ?

SBR

NickF

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2012, 05:46:11 am »

I have done some digging and this is what I have found:

I am running RO HQ.  My PC has CPU and GPU plenty powerful enough to support this and runs well playing BluRay rips to mkv.

I have tried the TV on both RO HQ and RO Standard with Hardware Acceleration on and it fails on both.  The NVIDIA driver reports a failure and that it stopped working and recovered.  If I turn Hardware Acceleration off, the problem does not occur.

Hardware Acceleration gives me a better performance on movies so I don't want to run with it off and, anyway, MC should not cause this NVIDIA failure.  It must be breaking some rules for the interaction with the NVIDIA interface.

Here is the log after one of these failures:  http://www.mediafire.com/?83rx7px1p3lm6fx

Nick.

HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up