INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Resume play (ripped DVD's) with updated tags enabled  (Read 1117 times)

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen

I have had, what I think is a problem for a while. I like the function with being asked if I want to resume a movie when I start it. This works really well on all my movies, except for my ripped DVDs. (VIDEO_TS folders). It will ask me if I want to resume, but it will always starts from the beginning.

I have "Update tags when file info changes" enabled. If I disable this function, my DVDs will resume the correct way.

All my Bluray movies (BDMV folders), WTV files from WMC and AVI files will resume just fine no matter what "Update tags when file info changes" is set to.

Can anybody else confirm this or am I the only one with this strange behaviour?

TLS

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem with Resume play (ripped DVD's) with updated tags enabled
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 06:51:53 am »

I'm not seeing the behavior. Same settings as you describes and it is resuming at the correct place.
I assume we are talking about resuming playback on the same machine. I can not resume playback when I go to a different machine for any formats (ifo, mkv, m2ts, etc.).

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 09:31:28 am »

Yes it is on the same machine. Do you have "Update tags when file info changes" enabled?

My DVDs are ripped with the main movie only. Is it the same with you?

TLS

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 10:51:31 am »

Yes, I have update tags enabled. 99% of my rips are main movie only. That is what I tested with. Looks like problem is specific to your machine. Maybe try "update tags (from library)" on one file and see if that file then works properly with resume.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 11:09:26 am »

Thanks for testing this for me CountryBumkin!

It seems I may have a corrupt library. If I create a new library, import only the settings from the old Library and import my movies my normal way into this new Library, the resume works with "Update tags" enabled.

If I import the entire old library into the new library, I still have the same bug with resume not working for my DVD's. It's weird, because it will work if I  disable "Update tags". I don't really understand what the two has to do with each other.

It's depressing, because I have to manually rebuild all my views in Standard and Theaterview, manually create my custom database fields for both Audio and Video. I don't really want to be without the automatic updating of tags anymore.

If anybody has a quick way of getting these settings from one library to a new one, I would really appreciate knowing about it.

TLS
Pages: [1]   Go Up