Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DFX  (Read 1019 times)

music

DFX
« on: May 12, 2002, 04:50:22 pm »

I just bought DFX sound enhancer for MusicMatch. About two days later I discovered the beta version of Media Jukebox was available for a 30 day trial. I love the new version, but how can I get DFX to work with it. DFX really does make the sound a lot better.
I will definitely buy 8.0 if I can use DFX with it.
Thanks.

music

RE:DFX
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2002, 05:58:07 pm »

Never mind. I figured it out.

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2002, 06:25:14 pm »

How did you get it to work? So far I've been using the native MJ plugin, but I also have dfx from when I was using MM. When I try to add it in the plug in manager, it tells me that I can only add interface or dsp plugins (like it's not recognizing it as a valid plugin)

Thanks

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2002, 07:01:00 pm »

Ohh, I've found it on the dfx site.. I need to pay an extra 10 bucks for the Master pack for Dfx. Ohh well, I think I'll pass ... I'm quite happy with the native Mj Dfx and another 10 bucks just for more choice seems excessive

Stebajo

• World Citizen
  • Every move you'll make I'll be here with you
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2002, 07:14:35 pm »

But boys, have you tried to install DFX for MJ? In my opinion it's working just fine.
Settings\Plug-ins Manager\DSP and left click on DSP, than in DSP Plug-ins follow the link 'DSP Plug-ins Page' and voilą...

LCtheDJ

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2002, 08:10:00 pm »

The Winamp version of DFX also will work with MJ.

nila

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2002, 03:34:06 am »

How do you get the Winamp version of DFX to work with Media Jukebox?
This would be a nice way to save money.

Skinnyfatz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I would just like to say...
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2002, 05:28:15 am »

Nila,
    Probably shouldn't tell you thisNext Page, but if you copy the winamp dfx dsp.dll to the MJ plugins folder, it'll work. However, when you do that, instead of it having MJ in the DFX title, it'll say Winamp. Do you really want that on such a fine piece of software, such as MJ?
I've learned... You can say anything you want, but the truth in your heart, comes from your actions, not in the words from you mouth.

nila

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2002, 06:37:44 am »

If it saves me having to pay for the same piece of software twice - sure Next Page
Dont mind supporting hard working programmers, do mind throwing all my money at them so I have none left. Next Page
Plus - I'm never gonna see the title really.

Anyway, it didn't work for me.
Which copy of DFX plugin are you using? which copy of MJ?
I copied the plugin to the dir and restarted MJ and it didn't show up so I then chose to add a plugin and entered it's name and it gave me an error.

LCtheDJ

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2002, 07:47:36 am »

You don't have to copy the DFX plugin; just install it like any other MJ plugin.  When you pick which dsp plugin to install, browse to the location of the DFX plugin in the Winamp Plugin folder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up