INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade or Renew my Subscription?  (Read 1654 times)

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
Upgrade or Renew my Subscription?
« on: January 26, 2012, 06:31:23 pm »

So, I LOVE JRiver Meda Center.  I have been using it since at least version 6 or 7.  And, I have turned numerous people on to it.  I use it daily, contantly.  But, the thing is, is that it already does everything I need it to do - very well (with 1 exception which I will get to).  So far I have not seen any features in V.17 that are enticing me to spend my money on it. I really just use it for music and not really as a HTPC.  Now I have a certain loyalty to JRiver that makes me just want to get the new version - to renew my subscription, if you will - just so they can keep going as a business model.  But, really, JRiver has sort of improved past my requirements.  

Maybe I am just thinking in an old fashioned manner and the HTPC functions are the wave of the future and all  but, well, the $27 bucks is a big deal for me at this time.  

Maybe I can just wait for V.18 and see if there is anything that makes me need to upgrade then.  

So, I would like to know if a certain feature which I really liked and, which has not worked since V.15 is going to work in V.17.

If this works, I will gladly upgrade but, if not, I'll keep putting it off until my need to download YouTube videos finally gets to me -o r, V.18.  (I noticed YouTube has changed their format again so we can't click and download and, I assume JRiver is not going to fix this in V.16 anymore).  

SO, here is the thing I need to know: does the Album Art come accross on the client side of the media server in the configurable visualizations?  I have asked about this numerous times over the last couple of years and JRiver has never responded.  This time, I hope they will.

A Loyal Customer

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Upgrade or Renew my Subscription?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 08:23:42 pm »

You should see album art on the client side when you use Media Server.  You could try the demo to see.

Thanks for your past support. 

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 05:58:31 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply, Jim. I'll give it a try next week after you post the .77 update with YouTube working again.

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 04:53:35 pm »

I upgraded to .82 today and this did not solve the problem.  Still when I use the Collage visualizations (the only really configurable ones)on a Media Server client, the album art does not show.  This is very disappointing.  I really don't get why this doesn't work.  Is there something I am just not doing right?  Is there a setting I need to configure? I would love some feedback from JRiver on this.

On the bright side, this was EASILY the easiest, most seemless upgrade I have ever experience to a new version.  Thanks for that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up