INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poor test results for ASUS HDAV1.3 Deluxe (anyone else?)  (Read 3201 times)

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
Poor test results for ASUS HDAV1.3 Deluxe (anyone else?)
« on: November 27, 2012, 07:46:29 am »

Hi,

I'm getting some really poor test results for my ASUS HDAV1.3 Deluxe when running Rightmark Audio Analyzer. Have other people (preferably with the same card) tried this? What results did you get?

Best regards,
Mikkel

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Poor test results for ASUS HDAV1.3 Deluxe (anyone else?)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 08:01:24 am »

Hmm, did a new test and now it works... at least the frequency response became flat. Strange.

I was considering closing the thread but I'll leave it open since you never know if something interesting will show up :-).

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 08:08:25 am »

Can you tell what changed to make it work?

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 11:30:32 am »

Can you tell what changed to make it work?

Honestly no :-(. I logged out of windows and back in. Unplugged the cables and replugged them. Changed sample rate in the ASUS Control Panel (from 48khz to 44khz), did a measurement, changed sample rate back to 48khz in the ASUS control panel.

Why it happens I don't know... which is worrying. EliteBastards did a review of the soundcard a few years ago and they got the same poor benchmarks as I did, so something more or less systematic is going on.

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 01:43:42 am »

Here are the results of the correct measurement. I have no idea why it sometimes is flawed. If I test the soundcard in REW using directsound I get the same error. Using ASIO in REW the response is fine, though.

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
Comparable hardware?
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 01:05:32 pm »

This an interesting solution for combining audio+video HDMI output.  However, I cannot seem to find this card, and I do see that its reviews are several years old.  What's new along these same lines ??

Is there a better solution if I only need HDMI audio+video (i.e., no 7.1 or 5.1 RCA jacks).  The solution I'm currently using is a motherboard with onboard HDMI (Intel chipset) and a difficult to find driver for HDMI audio that works with the Intel chipset (i.e., the driver did not come with the mobo)

TIA  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Comparable hardware?
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 02:05:14 am »

This an interesting solution for combining audio+video HDMI output.  However, I cannot seem to find this card, and I do see that its reviews are several years old.  What's new along these same lines ??

Is there a better solution if I only need HDMI audio+video (i.e., no 7.1 or 5.1 RCA jacks).  The solution I'm currently using is a motherboard with onboard HDMI (Intel chipset) and a difficult to find driver for HDMI audio that works with the Intel chipset (i.e., the driver did not come with the mobo)

TIA  :)

Hi TIA,

If you are only after HDMI A/V I would just use the on-board HDMI-output. Of course, if you have driver issues that may not work.

I would think these two cards would be ideal for you:
- http://www.asus.com/Multimedia/Audio_Cards/Xonar_HDAV13_Slim/
- http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_hometheater_hd.php

Best regards,
Mikkel
Pages: [1]   Go Up