INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SoundLink™ Wireless Audio Delivery System  (Read 723 times)

RAVMAN

SoundLink™ Wireless Audio Delivery System
« on: May 12, 2002, 07:38:07 am »

I am considering purchasing a wireless delivery system to stream my MP3 files from the PC to my home stereo located elsewhere in the house. Any thoughts on this system or anything else that would be better. The URL is below for the product at US Robotics website. You can connect the receiver directly to your stereo aux input or you can listen on your FM radio which would be good on the patio.

http://www.usrobotics.com/products/device/p-device-product.asp?sku=USR6003

NY40Male

RE:SoundLink™ Wireless Audio Delivery System
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2002, 07:59:56 am »

i have a Jensen "Matrix" system setup on Mary's computer setup to an AIWA system in the other room. i have 3 computers setup up in a "network" Mary's computer access the network gets the music thru MJ then she makes a playlist...shuts off her computer speakers and goes out into the front room and listens to the AIWA....works great but every once in a while i/we get a screeching sound like the signal is interrupted....no bigger just annoying...i love it...works great cause there is no wire...i wanted a CAVIT system from YAMAHA but it was like 500 dollars..too expensive right now..

claudio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2002, 08:49:19 am »

I have a wireless 2.1 Ghz audio\video transmitter (DVD\Mp3 Anywhere from X10) and it works quite well in my house. There are some bad spots where I can't get good reception and some appliance (Microwave) interferes with the signal.

I was considering a FM solution at the time, but I had heard very different experience in terms of trnsmitting range and sound quality. The only couple of product that I was considering were much more expensive than my X10.

The US robotics product you list looks good... almost too good: I suspect the 1000 feet spec is VERY optimistic. But if you do not need that range it's probably going to be ok.

I'd be very interested to know your experience once you receive it

A small collection of other options can be found at:

http://www.mpman.ca/FMModulators.htm

Claudio

RAVMAN

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2002, 11:38:51 am »

I don't need the 1000 ft range but I would like to hook it up to my office computer to my living room stereo system just down the hall (10 yrs. old Technics receiver, BIC Venturi tower speakers, DVD, JVC TV, CD, etc). I would connect the Soundlink system directly to the aux input of the Technics receiver and could use the FM signal for the kids to play tunes on their boom boxes or possibly in the yard. If I order the unit, I will post my experience here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up