INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't grab a screen for thumbnail? *New User*  (Read 1070 times)

Zyeox

Can't grab a screen for thumbnail? *New User*
« on: February 04, 2012, 12:50:10 am »

My buddy showed me this program the other day and I just downloaded the latest trial. I figured I would set it up the way I would like when I buy it. But I ran across an issue. When he built his library he had the option to grab a screen when the movie was playing but for some reason in the version I downloaded I do not get that option. Is that only for paid users? Or is the demo or trial limited? I would really like to use this feature as It would  allow me to customize it. I did notice I can go to settings and set the time frame to grab it when I auto import but I want to do it myself. When I right click I do not get the option that he had. I tried to see if there is a keyboard shortcut list as maybe it was moved there but I couldn't find anything. I am assuming he has the latest version but his copy is a paid version. I do plan on buying this so if that's the case that won't be a problem. Any help you could give would be great.

Version 17.0.68

"Z"

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't grab a screen for thumbnail? *New User*
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 01:50:07 am »

Are you using Red October HQ? Do you get anything when you right click on a playing video?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 07:13:42 am »

Welcome to the forum.  You should be able to play the movie, pause, and right click to get a thumbnail.

More cover art lookups are coming in the next week.  Right now, you can right click on a movie in Standard View and do "Get Movie and TV Info".  This works for a single file, but will work for multiple files shortly.  Also automatic lookup on import.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 08:32:08 am »

It works for me. See the attached screenshot.

I always pause playback before creating a "screen grab", but the feature seems to be listed also during playback.

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 02:17:54 pm »

... but note that ROHQ uses madVR which doesn't support Screen Grab. If ROHQ is being used, that will be indicated by the context menu.

Zyeox

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 04:10:56 pm »

Thanks Alex B!! Ah the pic did wonders for me. I thought it was on the main menu when you right click I didn't see it under window. I tell you I am blind cause I did look there but for reason I didn't see it. I really thought all I had to do was right click and it was there. Thanks everyone. Also is there a keyboard shortcut to do that instead of going to window under the context menu?
Pages: [1]   Go Up