INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to map a shortcut to the Faster/Slower speed option DSP?  (Read 1689 times)

swinster

• World Citizen

Hi All,

I use a lot of video learning material that can often be sped up through the use of the DSP Tempo/Pitch plug in, however, getting to these option is convoluted. Is there any way to map a keyboard or short-cut to:

1) Switch on and off the relevant Temp/Pitch DSP plugin.
2) Speed up/Slow down/Reset the tempo

This would also be useful for those use Media Centre of dance classes as often the music can be slowed down to suit the pace of a slower group.

I've been after this for ages but I still don't know if its possible.

Cheers,

Chris

swinster

• World Citizen

Of course, if it isn't possible at the moment - could it be made possible?

swinster

• World Citizen

I hope that this feature can be added to MC 18. In fact, I think there should be a way to create a macro to ALL MC commands to enable a sing keyboard short cut/key combination be used to access any command.

I did have a look at the commands that can be created within the remote control section, but it appears as though there are only a limited subset of commands available.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe

The idea of speeding-up some 'talk' audio media appealed to me, so I created an AutoHotKey script to toggle between a normal and +50% tempo...

Code: [Select]
;Toggle Tempo normal/+50%
^#v::
Run mc17.exe "/mode Standard"
Sleep 400
Run mc17.exe "/mcc 10016"
WinWait DSP Studio
WinSet, AlwaysOnTop, on, DSP Studio
Send {Tab}{Home}{Down 2}{Tab 5}
clipboard =
Send ^c
ClipWait
If clipboard contains 0.00
clipboard = +0.50x
else
clipboard = +0.00x
Send ^v{Tab}
Sleep 1200
WinClose DSP Studio
Sleep 400
Run mc17.exe "/mode Theater"
return

I thought it would be very straightforward, but I found it wasn't possible to send keystrokes to the DSP (or any) window from Theatre View, even if it was set 'AlwaysOnTop'. So this switches to Standard View to change the setting, then back to Theatre View. Rather clunky, but it works. If you close your eyes while doing it, the transition is fine. ;)

Note I've used {Down 2} because my Tempo DSP is third in my list of DSP's. Adjust accordingly. And the tempo increase, of course, can be whatever you like. A more elaborate script could vary the adjustment.

swinster

• World Citizen
Re: Is there a way to map a shortcut to the Faster/Slower speed option DSP?
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 12:49:36 pm »

Cheers Rick, certainly  a step in the right direction. I noted that someone else requested better and simpler shortcut ability in the MC18 feature request thread. I certainly hope this is looked at by the MC team.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is there a way to map a shortcut to the Faster/Slower speed option DSP?
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 04:45:35 pm »

I don't know, but maybe the problem of using a standard window in Theatre View exists no matter how it's done. Surely it's possible, but perhaps not as simple as we're assuming it should be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up