INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC not seeing disk  (Read 1025 times)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC not seeing disk
« on: February 04, 2012, 04:36:32 pm »

I recently had a new DVD/CD writer (HP DVD 1260i) installed in my desktop running Windows 7 64 bit. Most disks work find, but I have one that MC does not seem to recognize. Both dBpoweramp and Windows Explorer see the disk and the 15 tracks. MC acts like there is no disk in the writer. Under Devices and Displays it shows AUDIO CD (E:) but trying to rip MC does not see any tracks.

On a couple of other CDs, none of the programs see the CD, but I can read them on another computer and play them on CD players. On those, I do not even get AUDIO CD (E:) under Devices and Displays.  I probably just need to have another DVD/CD writer installed, but before I do that does anyone have any suggestions?

The driver is the generic Windows driver. There does not seem to be a specific HP driver available.

MC is 17.0.68

The disks are commercial CDs. The ones that none of the software programs sees are from the UK, but I don't know why that would be an issue.

Any thoughts before I just get a new device?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC not seeing disk
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 04:39:44 pm »

On a couple of other CDs, none of the programs see the CD

This sounds like a flaky hardware thing.

You might try a different SATA port and cable.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 04:49:24 pm »

Thanks Matt. It is still under warranty so I can get it swapped out. I just did not want to overlook something. Guess it is back to the shop on Tuesday.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 06:33:19 am »

I had a similar issue. My bluray drive kept intermittently disappearing. When I eventually got around to fixing it and opening the case I found that it worked fine in some sata ports but not others. It was one of the 'faulty' sandybridge motherboards, so I've had to replace the MoBo, not the drive. If you have an early sandybridge system you may have the same problem.

SBR

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 09:22:02 am »

Thanks for the heads up. I checked my system on the Asus website and my motherboard is not affected, fortunately. Time to swap out the drive I think.
Pages: [1]   Go Up