INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Correcting imports  (Read 843 times)

christefan

• Recent member
Correcting imports
« on: February 05, 2012, 03:08:43 pm »

Well this seems like a wonderful and very capable program.  I'm trying to set it up and don't know how to deal with the massive errors in a bulk correction.  About 3000 video files which maybe 20% are not classified as video but audio---is there a way to fix this on a file/folder basis or do I have to re media type 600 files?  Worse than that is classical music--about 30k files and the album is virtually always wrong--ie Great Pianists of the 20th Century doesn't come up as that with a cd number and then the artist as the album which it should but as the artist as the album title which is NOT correct--this formula extends to various collections and CD formats---is there a way to reorder the tags so that the information is handled the way it should be? Also tried to create a disc smart list which would have to pull titles from several folders and that didn't work with individual rules for the folders or one rule with semicolons as a seperator between one folder and the next?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Correcting imports
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 03:39:26 pm »

You can use the search to select a few of the files, then edit the media type to put them in the video category.

There is a Disc# field that you can add to any view.

Library Tools let you move and rename files, or copy one field to another, etc.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Correcting imports
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 04:07:26 pm »

If music is not showing up correctly it's either badly tagged, you've used a program that fetches data, but does not save it to tags or just keeps it in a database. The third option is that the application you used to use used a special field for tagging, which MC does not pick up. Either way, it should be fairly easy to fix, as long as your directory structure is good.

For both Movies and Music I would create a view and add "File Name (path)" library field. If you sort by this, you'll have your media sorted by video, video types (if you have sub folders here), and then music, artist and albums.

I would start by selecting all videos and change the Media Type to video. Then change each sub type to the correct Media Syb Type. You do this with the Action pane. Choose tagging and select the appropriate fields you want to change. Then I would start with the albums and artists. The compilations might create a mess. In MC, most people use the "Album Artist" field. This would be the name of the compilation, and you can use artist to add different artists to each track.

This was written very fast, but I hope some of this made sense. If you have more trouble, try to ask for one thing at a time, and I'm sure we would be able to help you with the best solution.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up