INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Last.fm Scrobbling After MC17 Upgrade (Duplicate scrobbles)  (Read 1292 times)

danyal711

I recently upgraded from MC15 to 17. My setup is that I have a server which runs MC server and then I connect to it via another PC that runs MC as a client (connected library). MC controls a remote upnp player.

After the upgrade, MC seems to log a play to last.fm as soon as the song starts playing as well as when the song ends. This results in plays being registered twice. Usually MC just logged the play when the song ended. I tried this on MC16 and had the same problem. On MC15 this worked fine.

I tried several different combinations of the last.fm settings in MC with the following results:
MC on server set to scrobble, MC client set to *not* scrobble: This results in duplicate scrobbles
MC on server set to scrobble, MC on client set to scrobble: Duplicate scrobbles
MC on server set to *not* scrobble, MC on client set to scrobble: No scrobbles at all.

Would love some help. Thanks!

danyal711

Re: Problem with Last.fm Scrobbling After MC17 Upgrade (Duplicate scrobbles)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 05:02:39 pm »

Upgraded to the latest version of 17 and am still having this problem. Any help?

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 05:25:12 pm »

I am not seeing this and I am also using the latest version.

I did see this once before when I was using Media Server, but in my case it was because both the server and the client were Scrobbling . . . turning Scrobbling off on one of them cured it for me.

Other than that I do not have a clue   ?
. . . the game is rigged

secretgardener

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 06:07:32 pm »

I am also using Library Server on a remote storage computer to connect to several client computers with all using MC17.

It doesn't matter which computer is used to scrobble, they all show at Last.fm as soon as the track starts, (although unless at least half of the track is played then the scrobble disappears later).

But I only get one record of the played track, and MC17 correctly reports the relevent tracks played by two separate last.fm users sharing the same Library Server, but with different user names in the Manage Last.fm account settings on separate clients.

As suggested by AoXoMoXoA I have checked and both the Library Server instance of MC17 and each of the client instances. All are checked to submit playback information (scrobbling) so I do not think that is the problem.

Perhaps with your upnp server you do not use the access key registration system that I use in MC17. That works fine for me but I appreciate that I am not solving your problem - sorry  :(

Paul

kamimeguro

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 08:13:28 pm »

Good morning Danyal,

I noticed the same (almost) behavior:
Some of the files are doubled scrobbed while most at scrobbed as intented...

I am using one computer as the server and use some android clients trough Gizmo or Bubble-up, on which clients I have disabled the scrobbling.
I am trying to analyse if there is a pattern on the files doubbled and/or if there is a network related issue.

I'll keep you posted when I get something.

regards
kami
Win 10 pro, Oppo 105, Onkyo TX-NR818, Elipson Axial 160, B&W 805S, Linn 5150, Yamaha GT750, Sony KDL-55W900A...

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 08:25:51 pm »

If none of you who are seeing this issue have as of yet, perhaps one of you should post this as a bug in the new build thread (since I am not experiencing it):

i.e.:
"When using Library Server, MC can at times Scrobble duplicates of played tracks whether set to Scrobble from the Client, the Server, or both."
. . . the game is rigged

danyal711

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 06:17:44 pm »

Yah, its quite strange. If i turn off scrobbling on either the server or the client it doesnt work at all. No idea why its not just submitting it from the client.
Pages: [1]   Go Up