INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayByKey  (Read 911 times)

robydago

• Citizen of the Universe
MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayByKey
« on: February 07, 2012, 07:29:20 pm »

Hi,

when I try to start playing a video on MC using MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayByKey?Key=[KeyNumber] MC prompts "Would you like to resume from your last playback position?" and the possible options are "Resume" and "Start from beginning".

Is there a way to pass a parameter to MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayByKey to choose one of the above options and so have the server start playing with no user intervention?

(If I remember correctly there's an option to disable the "Would you like to resume..." prompt on MC, but I don't want to do that)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayByKey
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 07:36:59 pm »

(If I remember correctly there's an option to disable the "Would you like to resume..." prompt on MC, but I don't want to do that)

This is the only option.

The default behavior is to just silently resume.  I'd recommend using that.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

robydago

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 04:42:46 am »

Ok.
Thanks for the answer Matt.

I'm playing around with using MC as a backend to a CMS (Drupal) and my main goal is to view\play everything in the browser (webplay like) so the Playback command (webremote like) is not important.

On this topic: are there any parameters that can be passed to WebPlay/play_flash.html?File=[KeyNumber] or WebPlay/MCWS/v1/File/GetFile?File=[KeyNumber]&Conversion=WebPlay apart from the Key?
I was wondering for example if it's possible to load the player in pause state (i.e. not start playing the file immediately).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 11:03:27 am »

On this topic: are there any parameters that can be passed to WebPlay/play_flash.html?File=[KeyNumber] or WebPlay/MCWS/v1/File/GetFile?File=[KeyNumber]&Conversion=WebPlay apart from the Key?
I was wondering for example if it's possible to load the player in pause state (i.e. not start playing the file immediately).

The stock page is basic.

But you could build your own HTML that uses any javascript you might like.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up