INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D bluray iso external  (Read 2775 times)

gingellr

• Junior Woodchuck
3D bluray iso external
« on: February 08, 2012, 07:38:13 am »

Hi,

I have a library view that only shows my 3d iso files these will not play in MC so i assume there is no 3D support.

So is there anyway for MC to run TMT but just on movies in that view ie 3D movies but all other non 3D play in MC as normal?

Also is MC planning to support 3D blurays in the future?

thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: 3D bluray iso external
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 11:10:51 am »

Is this side-by-side or frame-packed 3d?

I would expect the first to work and the second to not work.

I'd like to see the second one work someday, but I don't think it will happen soon.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gingellr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 05:35:26 pm »

I just mean standard 3d bluray discs which would be frame packed i assume.

If there was a way to automatically run an external program in the mean time that would be great, but understand if it is a low priority.

Bob Sorel

• MC Beta Team
  • World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 11:40:44 pm »

I'd like to see the second one work someday, but I don't think it will happen soon.

Bummer...I came here specifically looking for some sort of time frame when frame packed 3D Blu-ray ISO format would be supported. Right now the options are all pretty terrible - unreliable and/or difficult to set up properly. I have high hopes that you guys will be the 3D saviors and provide a solution that is as easy, reliable, and elegant to use as you have done with the rest of the audio and video formats. Right now the only solutions that I am aware of are TMT5 and PowerDVD 11 for Windows users and a standalone box from Himedia running Linux. They all have problems.

C'mon, Matt, you amazed me with your subtitle engine. You can do it!  :)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 01:40:11 am »

I "think" the two missing peices (and those you want to convince) for general direct show playback are:
- video decoder (Nevcairiel)
- video renderer (madshi)
JRiver CEO Elect

StuckMojo

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 04:53:41 am »

SidebySide mkv's are playing well with MC.

A Theater SidebySide View and Onscreen options Sidebyside would be nice,too!!!
To change movies without disabling sidebyside mode on the TV.

I was asking for this Feature,too. :'(
Lian Li PC-C60B HTPC Case
(Soundgraph Imon Display + Remote Control)
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 + 8GB DDR3
AMD Athlon II X4 605e 4x2,3Ghz (45W TDP)
Onkyo TX-NR906
Teufel System 5 THX Select 2

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 03:01:39 pm »

So is there anyway for MC to run TMT but just on movies in that view ie 3D movies but all other non 3D play in MC as normal?

With TMT3 users could run it as an external program from MC. It worked because you can double click a file and have TMT3 open it.
TMT5 doesn't work this way. You can no longer double click a file to open it, so you can no longer run as external from MC anymore.
If you set MC to open iso's using TMT5, TMT5 will open but nothing will play, but once its open you can drag files from MC to TMT5 to play them.
This is arcsofts problem, i think they want people to use their program only. I emailed them a few times about this and they have no plans on changing it.
Fine for me because i don't use it anymore.

I think the easiest thing for 3d blurays would be to open TMT5 and drag your movie from MC into it.

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 03:26:41 pm »

I "think" the two missing peices (and those you want to convince) for general direct show playback are:
- video decoder (Nevcairiel)
- video renderer (madshi)
- splitter (Nevcairiel)

maid

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 06:52:33 pm »

What is needed to play Blueray MKV? eg glasses TV?

I have downloaded a trial side by side, which plays but I have no idea how to watch it.
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

Z0001

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 05:54:44 pm »

With TMT3 users could run it as an external program from MC. It worked because you can double click a file and have TMT3 open it.
TMT5 doesn't work this way. You can no longer double click a file to open it, so you can no longer run as external from MC anymore.
If you set MC to open iso's using TMT5, TMT5 will open but nothing will play, but once its open you can drag files from MC to TMT5 to play them.
This is arcsofts problem, i think they want people to use their program only. I emailed them a few times about this and they have no plans on changing it.
Fine for me because i don't use it anymore.

I think the easiest thing for 3d blurays would be to open TMT5 and drag your movie from MC into it.

I'm interested in this for the few times that MC does not quite deliver on 2D video (which is seldom) and also for 3D. In the development of MC it would be very handy to have a "mount iso" button and a "toggle to other video player" button, which would also shut down MC to save resources, but opened it again when the alternate video player closed or stopped. MC is always going to be my preferred media manager and music player, no question. So I want to be able to browse my video media in MC and then have the option to either mount an iso and toggle to an external player or play in MC, rather than simply "play". Using TMT5 as my alternate backup video player.
Pages: [1]   Go Up