INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how do I get rid of sound event at start of track?  (Read 702 times)

dick

• Recent member
how do I get rid of sound event at start of track?
« on: May 11, 2002, 02:24:49 pm »

By default, MJ plays the "Start Navigation" sound event at the start of each track. This event is defined under Windows Explorer in the Multimedia applet. On my system, it happens to be defined as 'start.wav' (a click.) This is the same sound IE uses when you click on a link. The only way to stop this annoying sound in MJ is to define the Windows Explorer Start Navigation sound event to be "None". But that's not what I want to do -- I want the click in Windows Explorer and *not* in MJ. I couldn't find a configuration parameter anywhere in MJ that deals with this. Is it there? If not, I'd suggest MJ define its own sound events in the registry and not piggyback on definitions for another app.

Dick Green

Ilmar

• World Citizen
  • JOATYou mean besides music?
RE:how do I get rid of sound event at start of track?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2002, 02:38:29 pm »

Hi

Yup, I have disabled this click twice now, but any time you load a Microsoft Update it gets put backon !!

Thanks for reminding me

^Click^

Listening to: 'Bronze Horseman - 1. iii) Dance on the Square' from 'Gliere: Bronze Horseman Suite & Horn Concerto BBC Philharmonic - Sir Edward Downes' by 'Rheinhold Gliere' on Media Jukebox

Ilmar
Ilmar

"We make a living by what we get,
But we make a life by what we give"
     Sir WInston Churchill

mphorton

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2002, 02:58:44 pm »

Wow. I thought that everyone disabled windows sound events immediately--very first thing--after windows installation. I do that before I even adjust the monitor or delete the windows messanger/aol icons from the desktop.

Listening to: 'Resistance' from 'Undone (1986)' by 'Lucy Show' on Media Jukebox

zevele1

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2002, 03:18:42 pm »

Loenides02
You are a very wise person.But you know it,i am sure.I use WindowsMediaplayer to do it,like it at the same time i set the player default to NOTHING.
If i want to feel mongoloide,i have Devo for it,do not need all the gates sounds...........
Pages: [1]   Go Up