INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA: MC with something like the Pioneer Elite N-50?  (Read 68602 times)

sorepinky

Re: DLNA: MC with something like the Pioneer Elite N-50?
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2013, 06:29:06 pm »

Just tried it with build 18.0.158 and there are still gaps after even numbered tracks.  Re the caveat, I have only one server - JRiver's.

Here is a screen image:

Using BubbleUPnP Server there are gaps after every track for me - only one track lists at a time in that case.

bubbleguuum

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2013, 06:23:57 am »

Just tried it with build 18.0.158 and there are still gaps after even numbered tracks.  Re the caveat, I have only one server - JRiver's.

It works perfectly for me with this MC version, serving gapless FLAC to itself.
Your issue has probably somthing to do with this (quoting bob): "There is only one caveat, when you use the same MC for the server AND renderer you MUST choose the first server in your list of DLNA servers on the control point so that the proper data can be returned."
I must say I did not exactly understand what bob meant here, so maybe a more detailed explaination is needed.

Using BubbleUPnP Server there are gaps after every track for me - only one track lists at a time in that case.

OpenHome renderers managed by BubbleUPnP Server are not gapless capable yet. This is something in the todo list somehow.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2013, 09:27:22 am »

Sorry, I wasn't clear on the caveat.

What I was trying to say is if you have multiple DLNA servers configured in MC when you connect with BubbleUPnP you need to select the server that appears first in the DLNA configuration list in MC. Then of course you choose the same MC as the renderer. This is the only scenario that the fix for trackURI applies to.

This will not make your non-MC renderer work any better and the scenario of using a non-MC server with MC as the renderer already worked gaplessly.

sorepinky

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2013, 07:05:49 pm »

As far as I can tell there are still gaps after every second track.  If I go into the MC settings there is only one DLNA server.  I changed its name from "Generic DLNA" to "JRiver DLNA" some time ago when I was fiddling with AssetUPnP (since removed because it's pause didn't work for me on the Pioneer N-50), but "JRiver DLNA" is the only one that I can see now within MC.  So I am using MC to serve to itself with MC's as the only server available.

Since bubbleguuum says that BubbleUPnP Server does not support gapless yet, I have removed it (again).  Looking forward to a gapless upgrade bubbeguuum. :)

Now under direct BubbleUPnP control from my Android tablet, initially two tracks are listed in MC's Playing Now.  When playback almost reaches the end of the second one, a third track appears (no doubt to prepare a gapless transition), but on transition between the second and third there is a small gap for me.

Here is one as it was happening:

I'm using that Peter and the Wolf album as it's a basic 44.1 CD rip in FLAC.

If using Gizmo to control this album all 18 tracks are listed and there are no gaps anywhere.

Maybe I've missed something basic.  I am dumb, but not entirely dumb.  :)

Why am I bothering with BubbleUPnP and not just using Gizmo?  Well it's really good with great user-configuration, but the main reason is that Gizmo keeps losing its track list button.  AAAARGHHH!  :)

Edit:  I may have found the problem.  I will make sure then report back later.  In the BubbleUPnP Android interface under UPnP Tweaks, I just unchecked "Use eventing" (this is what I mean by "great user-configuration") and now on the PC, two tracks list initially and then a third appears before it was due to start and the transition seemed to be gapless.  Then the fourth etc., but instead of a maximum of three tracks showing at once, the whole album gradually built up in the Playing Now list.  Will come back and confirm (hopefully).

Thanks Bob - this is looking great.  :)

Hey Bubbleguuum - with BubbleUPnP Server having gapless support with an upgrade, this combination would be an absolute winner because the android tablet could sleep or even be powered off and the BubbleUPnP Server playlist would keep feeding its tracks to JRiver for gapless.  :)

Sorry for being tedious.

Edit 2:  OK back.  All good.  Very slick!  :)

Now Pioneer (and all the others) need to get their gapless in order.  Else I'm off to get anoher PC for a second instance of MC to attach to the Pioneer's Digital USB input.  i.e. use their so-called "Network Audio Player" as a mere USB DAC with JRiver providing the gapless properly under BubbleUPnP!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2013, 10:53:49 am »

Thanks for the testing and reply  :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up