INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View TV Series Sorting  (Read 3168 times)

Trill304

• Recent member
Theatre View TV Series Sorting
« on: February 11, 2012, 11:01:40 am »

I've added some tv recordings of various series in JRiver and got them all tagged.  When accessing in Theatre View -> Shows -> series I get a list of all the episodes, all good.  Is there a way to configure the list of episodes that come up here or under the series list so that they appear in chronological or episode order?  I would also be curious is you could configure the title to show the episode number as a hyphen before the title of the show appeared.  Thanks for the help....

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theatre View TV Series Sorting
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 12:13:27 pm »

You have to go to Option, Theater View and Items to Show. You select the view that you want to change and hit the Set rules for file display.

On the bottom options you select Sort By and click add. Add Season (A-Z) and then Episode (A-Z). That means that it will sort by season first, and then episode numbering. You should play a bit with this view settings and try to add your own views. There's a lot of possibilities, and there is only a small portion of this added as default.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

fucheeno

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 06:56:12 pm »

I have also been struggling with how to handle this. Could others chime in on how they configure their tv shows because it just doesn't seem intuitive to me. Thanks in advance.

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 03:29:36 am »

The Media Sub Type "TV Show" should be set on import. By either Carnac or by the Tag on import option. I have several views. This is the most frequently used:

View Name/Function  |  Items to Show  |  Sorting  |  Files to Show Rules
Series  |  Series, Season  |  Season, Episode  | Media Sub Type = TV Show
Not Watched  | Series, Season  |  Season, Episode |  Media Sub Type = TV Show, Not Number Plays > 0
Genre  |  Genre, Series  |  Season, Episode  |  Media Sub Type = TV Show
Recently Added  |  Nothing  |  Import Date |  Media Sub Type = TV Show, Imported last 1 Week

View name is the name you will see on the secondary roller. The Items to Show it the levels in the view. Sorting is how the media is sorted. Starting with the first item, and then sorts on the second item if there is more than one match on the first, and so on. Files to show is the place where you decide what to include in your views, and how it's supposed to look when you browse it.

You're right that this is not super intuitive, but it IS very, very powerful once you know how to do it. You can make what ever type of view you want. There's not really much else to do then to try it your self and make a few views to get used to how it works.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 04:23:06 am »

here's a screen shot of how sort/organize my TV Shows. Maybe this will help (click on the "Set rules for fie display" and then "add" the sort fields shown;
Pages: [1]   Go Up