INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jriver mediacenter 17 windows 7 help  (Read 2079 times)

mgallyot

jriver mediacenter 17 windows 7 help
« on: February 12, 2012, 02:59:14 pm »

I have been using mc17 for some time with winxp and been very happy.My setup was with m2tech hiface,emotiva xda-1,Onkyo txns 905.Mobo asusM3A32 mvp deluxe wifi, 2tb seagate sata hdd, amd phenom iix4 am3.I used asio and kernal str. flawlessly.I upgrade to windows7 home premium and I am having a nightmare with importing and ripping cd's.It seems to only affect contininous mix cd's house annd electronica music.It displays the cover art for each track instead of on album.This occurs in the album window as well as the artis window.Rip to cue will fix this as far as album cover but then it becomes inconsistant with location and doest find info (cover art ,artist ,album, etc.Find cover art doesnt work.I am going crazy ,none of this ever happened when I had winxp.Have done numerous clean os installs,no matter what I try ,as soon as I import or rip directly with mc17 - I get same problem.Really frustrated because I cannot find anyone wityh this problem via forums wiki etc.If anyone has any Ideas please help,I dont want to go back to xp, but my music programs are the most important aspect of my htpc.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: jriver mediacenter 17 windows 7 help
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 03:15:40 pm »

Check to see what the [Album Artist] tag says for mix CDs if you want them to be grouped together you need to use (Multiple Artists)
Sean

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 03:16:28 pm »

Are you setting the Use Assorted... checkbox in the rip dialog for compilation artists?

What is your Audio Folder Rule for your rips?

Tools > Options > File Location > Audio

Do the ripped tracks end up in the same folder (check using Windows Explorer)?

btw. it will be easier for others to read and help if there is a little more structure to the help request - a sea of words discourages some folks.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

jesseinsf

• World Citizen
  • Who, ME?
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 05:55:49 pm »

I have been using mc17 for some time with winxp and been very happy.My setup was with m2tech hiface,emotiva xda-1,Onkyo txns 905.Mobo asusM3A32 mvp deluxe wifi, 2tb seagate sata hdd, amd phenom iix4 am3.I used asio and kernal str. flawlessly.I upgrade to windows7 home premium and I am having a nightmare with importing and ripping cd's.It seems to only affect contininous mix cd's house annd electronica music.It displays the cover art for each track instead of on album.This occurs in the album window as well as the artis window.Rip to cue will fix this as far as album cover but then it becomes inconsistant with location and doest find info (cover art ,artist ,album, etc.Find cover art doesnt work.I am going crazy ,none of this ever happened when I had winxp.Have done numerous clean os installs,no matter what I try ,as soon as I import or rip directly with mc17 - I get same problem.Really frustrated because I cannot find anyone wityh this problem via forums wiki etc.If anyone has any Ideas please help,I dont want to go back to xp, but my music programs are the most important aspect of my htpc.
One thing I noticed is the name of the file should only be the name of the song. Delete the Artist name and the track number from the name of the file. The track number and Artist should be in their respective places in the Tag. That worked for me with the exception for 1 album I bought off of HDtracks. This album is called "Head Fi - Oper Your Ears". It just gets scattered everywhere in my collection. Does anyone have the solution to my issue?
OS - Win 11 Pro for Workstation (64-bit)
Monitor - MSI Creator PS321URV 4K UHD HDR600
CPU - Intel Core i9-9900K Up to 5GHz - CPU
GPU - NVidia GeForce RTX 3080TI FE - GPU
MB - Asus Maximus XI Extreme - Motherboard
RAM - 128 GB RAM DDR4 3200 - RAM
SSD - Samsung 980 Pro & 970 Pro m.2 NVMe 1TB each
SP  - Vanatoo TP One Encore (over TOSLink)- REL HT/1003

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 06:19:06 pm »

jesseinsf,
no offense but file name has nothing to do with it you can name the file however you wish as long as it does not exceed 255 characters which is the max in windows.
I have had various name structures over 6 versions of MC and never had a problem. They have all been [track] - [name] at a minimum and up to 6 different fields in the name.
Sean

jesseinsf

• World Citizen
  • Who, ME?
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 07:20:31 pm »

jesseinsf,
no offense but file name has nothing to do with it you can name the file however you wish as long as it does not exceed 255 characters which is the max in windows.
I have had various name structures over 6 versions of MC and never had a problem. They have all been [track] - [name] at a minimum and up to 6 different fields in the name.
I'm aware of that, hence my 4 years in college for computer networking and repair. Most my issues were fix on what I stated. I think he is having the same issue as me currently with the one album that is scattered throughout my collection. It came from HDTracks. As you know I don't know everything and that is why I am seeking help too.

MrC

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 08:07:35 pm »

It is generally very simple:

1) Make sure all tracks for the album are in the same directory.

2) Assign exactly the same album name (copy the album name from one of the tracks, select all the tracks, and then paste the Album name into Album in Action Window > Tag, or in-pane editing).

Also make sure you're viewing by Album or have the view Group By set to Album.

The name of the tracks is not relevant.

jesseinsf

• World Citizen
  • Who, ME?
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 08:19:41 pm »

It is generally very simple:

1) Make sure all tracks for the album are in the same directory.

2) Assign exactly the same album name (copy the album name from one of the tracks, select all the tracks, and then paste the Album name into Album in Action Window > Tag, or in-pane editing).

Also make sure you're viewing by Album or have the view Group By set to Album.

The name of the tracks is not relevant.
Actually is you can spare the cash, get the Head-Fi album "Open your Ears" from HDtrack and tell me how you got all songs under one Album art picture (In Album view).

MrC

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 08:28:33 pm »

Actually is you can spare the cash, get the Head-Fi album "Open your Ears" from HDtrack and tell me how you got all songs under one Album art picture (In Album view).

Or you could make the necessary number of tracks available so that I can see what my results are.   I'll toss them after testing.  I'm not interested in spending my $$$ on this experiment. :-)

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 10:10:42 pm »

I am sure I would do it the same as I do any other compilation album. As stated above use the [Album Artist] tag field and group by Album (not the Album that is in the "more sort groups..." menu they are not the same).
Sean

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 03:55:34 am »

I don't know if I have the same problem with one of my albums imported from HDTracks.
Instead of having just one album with all tracks under the same cover, I have as many albums, with just one track,  as the number of tracks.All of them have the same art cover. It shows up as 12 albums, instead of just one.
I already posted about this, but got no answers.

Urbanito

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 06:17:47 am »

Scolex:
I am waiting from your contact.
Pages: [1]   Go Up