INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Computer Music is for elevators  (Read 928 times)

gtener

• Recent member
It's music to my ears.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Computer Music is for elevators
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 11:51:12 am »

Did anyone read this?

http://hi-fi-avenue.blogspot.com/2010/05/fit-for-elevator-music.html

Quotes from the article:

"Lossless doesn't mean anything. There is no such thing as something without a price. There will be a loss of quality. We are breaking into the time continuum and changing things that we don't understand," Peter said.

"Look at the transistor. What is it? A semi-conductor. How the ** can this be good when half the signal is missing?"

The whole article is filled with conclusions like this. 

on the value of AudioNote products:

Then he switched to talking about Audio Note products and their astronomical prices. "Everything has a price. You get what you pay for. Pursuit of quality audio is elitist. Democracy is about mediocrity, about going to the level of the masses," he said.

Apparently, profound ignorance doesn't come cheap.

Bill

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Computer Music is for elevators
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 06:04:29 pm »

I sure most of that was taken WAY out of context.  I have heard a few Audio Note DACs they were very nice, and yes expensive.

Someone should point out to him though that CDs DO NOT keep the data in any kind of sequential order as you find in an analog medium.  To limit the effects of surface scratches they "mix the bits around" so to speak.

Liquid medium?  Sounds neato.

-patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva
Pages: [1]   Go Up