INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO Errors  (Read 1704 times)

wtspeegle

ASIO Errors
« on: March 03, 2012, 04:27:35 pm »

Running latest MC17 (happening through last 3-4 subversions), on Win 7 x64.  Trying to use ASIO through Roland Quad-Capture USB.  It is their latest 1.5 overall Quad-Capture driver, but I don't know how to see the ASIO driver part of it.  Works fine with Windows and SONAR X1 with any ASIO mode up to 192khz/24bit. 

This actually works on MC17 sometimes.  I can be listening to songs, stop playback and when I play the next song, the dreaded error message.  http://pix01.com/Rw%405J3O

I can't use the fake ASIO4ALL thing as it messes up SONAR X1, masking the real ASIO driver.  There just doesn't seem any reason for the randomness of it working or not.  75% of the time it does not work. And once it doesn't work, it is reboot time. I can use WSAPI, I just really would rather use the application through ASIO as I have always intended (otherwise I would just use itunes.)

Thank you,

Terry

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: ASIO Errors
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 09:52:29 am »

Lots and lots of users depend on ASIO, and this isn't a common report.  So it points to a problem in the particular ASIO driver. 

Perhaps it doesn't handle being loaded and unloaded nicely, so it only works the first time?

You might report it to Roland and see if they can reproduce it.  We're happy to work with them if they need assistance.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wtspeegle

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 04:33:31 pm »

Thanks.  Unfortunately I've got higher hopes of securing a Balanced Budget Amendment or getting Iran to stand down its nuclear program then getting Roland to care about whether my mp3 player likes its driver.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 04:41:51 pm »

You could use Help > Logging in Media Center.  Then post a log showing ASIO failing to start playback.  It will at least identify what step the ASIO driver fails on.

And it's worth asking Roland.  JRiver and Foobar are the reference ASIO playback solutions on Windows.  If hardware doesn't work with them, I would expect a good manufacturer to care.

Thanks.

indirrana

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 11:08:31 am »

Cakewalk UE 25 Ex (by roland) has similar problem. But with foobar 2000 it works perfectly.
With Direct Sound, music sounds better (I mean very,very well) and is totally stable.
It's a pity taht I can't use Asio conexion.
I'm using trial version and thinking in purchase a license. I think you must talk to Roland. Roland-Edirol-Cakewalk cards are very common..

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 11:23:13 am »

Cakewalk UE 25 Ex (by roland) has similar problem. But with foobar 2000 it works perfectly.
With Direct Sound, music sounds better (I mean very,very well) and is totally stable.
It's a pity taht I can't use Asio conexion.
I'm using trial version and thinking in purchase a license. I think you must talk to Roland. Roland-Edirol-Cakewalk cards are very common..

Could you describe the problem in a little more detail?

I tried to find a Roland/Cakewalk UA 25Ex for testing, but they're not easy to track down.

indirrana

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 12:45:07 pm »

Sometimes when you press stop button, program crashes.  >:(
Sometimes at the beginning, it tries to start asio but can't because: the card don't allow 64 bits!!! I know, that's becuse i put 24 bits output in DSP.  :o
Sometimes it starts at 32 bits...and it runs!!!! ?
The sound is better in direct mode, anyway.
And I can't play 44.1 songs if i donīt change them to 96 khz (a dialogue box say to me that 44.1 istīt allowed by the card). :o

Sorry for my english.  :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up