INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No bit streaming to receiver when playing OTA ATSC channels  (Read 1182 times)

al_star2

No bit streaming to receiver when playing OTA ATSC channels
« on: January 21, 2012, 08:40:54 pm »

I'm not getting any sound to my receiver when playing ATSC channels in MC17, or muffled unintelligible sound. I've configured everything in the audio settings to allow bit streaming for audio and video files, which was a bit more finniky in 17 than in 16 for my system. So far everything streams pass-through audio and the correct lights light up on my receiver save watching OTA TV.

I've seemingly tried everything in 17, even changing tuner cards. I had a tough time getting this to work in 16 and every time I switch back to MC16 to see if I'm crazy I can get perfect bit streaming.

Some info;

ViXS PureTV ATSC/DVB tuner
or
Hauppauge WinTV 7164 BDA tuner

Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 for pass through
WASAPI event style (ASIO was working in MC16 but can't seem to get it to work at all in 17)
Sound card is chosen in output mode settings
Bitstreaming: Yes S/PDIF
Red October Standard
Hardware accelerate video selected

Also, channel changing in either MC16 and 17 is much slower than Windows 7 MCE and freezes the current channel then plays again before changing to desired channel, usually a 2-3 second lag. Not sure how to improve this.

Thanks!

al_star2

Re: No bit streaming to receiver when playing OTA ATSC channels
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 10:18:46 pm »

Now I'm super confused, after the last update I've seemed to loose bitstreaming of all files, haven't tested DVDs or Blu-rays but can't MKVs and other files don't seem to be streaming properly...

elsid

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 02:09:35 am »

I am having the same issue. I've spent hours trying to get this solved, but if I have bitstreaming:HDMI set I don't get any sound on my tv channels, and my .mkv rips give an error that I don't have a good device. Audio works if bitstreaming is off. System specs:

Winxp pro sp3
biostar a55mh (hudson d2) mobo
amd a6 3500 APU
4g Ram (2x2g)
Hauppauge 2250 tuner card

latest ATI drivers (12.1)

PC HDMI => VIZIO HD TV => OPTICAL TO AVR  - this setup works great on everything from wmc7 to openelec. I just need to get this set up w/ jpmc on xp.

BTW: I did a system restore hoping to correct this problem (tried MediaPortal prior to this, had codec packs installed etc..., so I restored to remove those), after the restore my trial period showed expired, I emailed for an extension and that immediately showed my 40day trial expired. I went ahead and purchased the software, because i was confident we can get this fixed, and I love everything else about MC. Any help is appreciated.

elsid

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 08:51:30 am »

I finally sorted this out.

Seems the real issue was was my codecs as I suspected. New hardware, with an old OS (xp pro) made it tougher than it should have been.

In the end I used the current version of MPC HC (6.1.4 I think - on the wrong pc atm).

I was able to set audio to Kernel Streaming, and Bitstreaming to HDMI and the rest is defaults.

Still don't have MC set up perfectly, but I'm a step closer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up