INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting Panasonic BDT210 DVD Player to play from MC  (Read 931 times)

mediabl

• Recent member
Getting Panasonic BDT210 DVD Player to play from MC
« on: February 16, 2012, 07:18:49 pm »

Hi All, I just got a  Panasonic BDT210 DVD Player. I have it listed in MC as a Zone in the Playing Now area and have selected "DLNA Controller" in the Media Network Advanced section. I have set the Panasonic to enable it to be controlled by other devices on the network. However, when I try to play music to the Panasonic from MC I get "There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device. Double-check your device, servier, and network settings." Thoughts?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Getting Panasonic BDT210 DVD Player to play from MC
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 07:51:12 pm »

A quick scan of the manual seems to indicate that only mp3 is supported.  Is DLNA Audio configured to convert (always convert, or convert unsupported formats).  Then, set the encoder options to one of the mp3 variants.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

mediabl

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 08:34:41 pm »

Hey MrC: My source audio files are MP3 VBR. My >DLNA Servers>Generic DLNA>Audio is set to "convert unsupported formats" and the variant was "MP3 Medium Bandwidth.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 08:39:39 pm »

See if you can play a .wma file.

Also, be sure to have the system check for firmware updates.  Many indicated that the DLNA support on this unit was weak; perhaps it has been fixed.  I have the non-DLNA version, the BDT300.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up